What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Admitting defeat on a Haunted House - help needed

Matt

Registered
I've been repairing my HH on and off for quite a few months. Thought I'd cracked everything but I now have an odd problem where intermittently the ball drain seems to activate the cellar lights & solenoids (turning off the main play field) and then puts a new ball in the shooter lane but with only the cellar activated. Also the 'shoot again' light (on play field & backbone) is lit from the start for quite a lot of the game. Finally the strength of the kick on a couple of bumpers has dropped off, weirdly (despite having been taken apart, cleaned and having worked perfectly) - perhaps something wrong with the 38v circuit...I've no idea!

The machine has a Pascal/Flippp board and new pop bumper boards. We've done the new earthing and everything has been cleaned etc.

Can any recommend an expert who could come and fix this for me? I live in Farnham, Surrey.

Thanks

Matt

Pop bumpers could be bridge rectifier showing its age

Generic sys 80b replace lower cabinet capacitor

're lower playfield activating I'm wondering if a lower pf switch is activating thus kicking in the lowerpf under playfield relay
Pascal has a switch test in his great diagnostic tests

Thanks. Two of the pop bumpers are working fine and two suddenly dropped off - as if something has happened to that circuit. Could that be a bridge rectifier issue just on that circuit?

Re lower play field, yes I think a switch is activating when it shouldn’t but for the life of me I can’t work out which/where etc.

Frustrating - I think I (and the machine!) need some professional help.

If others are ok, no.
Make sure they are mechanically free,plus I doubt it's this but you could interchange the popper board

Pascals software test allow you to go in switch test,go in that, with ball removed, bang cabinet and see if and switches show any activations

Back
Top Bottom