What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Addams family help

Chris

Registered
Hi, can someone help me with an issue I have on my Addams pinball. I have noticed that since buying it the seance (the knocker) doesn’t work. I think it might be something to do with dip switch settings as the knocker doesn’t appear in any tests on the coil tests.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s most likely not hooked up, check the manual for the colour of the wires that go to the knocker.

It should be in position 2 in the test menu.

If it’s there then check you have a connector on J132. The knocker is the only thing that attaches there but its plug can easily be placed on an incorrect header.

Reactions: DRD
Hello, Chris,

Do you mean that there's a gap in the coil test, where the knocker should be listed?

If it's shown on the display in the coil test, but doesn't work, then there's a circuitry problem. But if the test has a number missing, then the knocker drive is set up to operate the coin meter instead (check by inserting a coin)

The option between use as a knocker or meter is controlled by an entry in the Pricing Menu called "Coin Meter Units" - setting it to 'OFF' selects knocker. Some territory settings use it as a meter by default. Get into the Pricing Menu and see if CMU is visible, it may not be if the machine's set to a standard pricing scheme or standard Door Type. If it's not visible, try selecting a 'Custom' setting for the door and/or Pricing scheme to bring it up

Another method is to set yankee factory settings by altering the jumper/switch pattern on the Cpu board, but this also causes a factory reset

Last edited:
My DW had the knocker connected to a coin meter, I ripped it all out and reinstated the knocker but don't remember altering the menu? Of course it was factory reset when batteries were removed

That wasn't one of my old ones, then. I tore out the original equipment coin meter on each new game as soon as they were unpacked. The later Wpc games did have a meter connected as factory fitment for u.k. production, with the two wires leading from near the knocker in the back box to the meter pcb on the l/h wall of the cabinet added to the wiring. For commercial use, I'd have to set the pricing and door type anyway, so it was no additional worry to turn CMU off

Thanks all for your help, I got this resolved by changing the jumpers and now the knocker works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top tip for a super loud knocker effect on TAF- drop the playfield support arm down so the knocker strikes that...... It sounds like the undead are in there with a massive hammer trying to get out [emoji3]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom