What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Addams Family after 15 years in storage

Banzaipinabll

Site Supporter
Alias
Mike
Well after my CV took me 12 years from stripping it down to putting it all back together, I have decided to tackle my Addams Family which I bought around 15 years ago. It's a bit rough round the edges, it was cheap at the time.
The cabinet / backbox will need some work. The bottom is sagging on the cabinet and there are quite a few dings. So plenty of hours no doubt sanding & sanding ahead of a re decal.
The Playfield is not bad, I have seen worse. I do have a Chris P refurbished playfield, so a playfield swap lies ahead.

So here we go, lets see how long this takes.

Attachments

• IMG_0386.JPG
    IMG_0386.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0388.JPG
    IMG_0388.JPG
    229.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0390.JPG
    IMG_0390.JPG
    262.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0392.JPG
    IMG_0392.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0397.JPG
    IMG_0397.JPG
    229.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
As said the base was sagging. Does not look that professional, but hopefully this will do the job after gluing

Attachments

• IMG_0430.JPG
    IMG_0430.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 45
After some fiddling, managed to get some GI working albeit many of the bulbs are knackered or missing.
I remembered swapping the DMD driver board and this one was not working and after taking it out, I can see why
Swapped driver board from another pin and we have a DMD

Attachments

• IMG_0437.JPG
    IMG_0437.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0438.JPG
    IMG_0438.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0441.JPG
    IMG_0441.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 32
Back on the restore. Decided to strip the playfield and then move over the cabinet and backbox sanding. A read that start with 60 or 80 grit finishing moving to 220 grit to finish off. Any recommendation for filer, wood filer or bonds, any thoughts.IMG_0840.JPGIMG_0853.JPG

Hi Mike

I have used this Ronseal product for the main surface and a body filler with fibre glass for the corners, both work well from my experience
1646251352755.png1646251521272.png

Cabinet fully stripped, my list of needed parts is growing to quite a size. Defo gonna use those beefier leg brackets. Where do you buy the ground braid?IMG_0913.JPG

Stripping the underneath is going well, taking detailed notes, pictures and labelling parts as I go.

IMG_1020.JPG

Well that's the playfield completely stripped. That took longer than I thought. Left the coils attached to the loom but removed all the metal assemblies for cleaning. I now have a sizeable list of new / replacement parts required.

Weekend weather looks good, so cabinet sanding should begin

IMG_1033.JPGIMG_1038.JPGIMG_1039.JPG

Not planning to change the coils as all look good, may re wrap with coil wrappers. Not looking to replace the switches as again in good condition, but will replace all the stand up targets. Flipper rebuilds, all new jet bumper parts, some bulb holders, new cabinet and backbox decals, May replace all plastic not sure yet as only a couple really need replacing. May replace the main clear ramp, the one I have looks good, will decide when I fully clean it. And many other small small parts, including new legs

Sounds good. I’m planning on starting mine next month, so am definitely going to be following your progress.

The parts I’m not sure about are the 3 magnets. Apart from when they over heat, do these ever fail?

Back
Top Bottom