What's new

Expired Adams Family pinball

Expired Due to no activity
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say I disagree with this. Forcing people to submit pictures is not going to solve the problem and is not always possible. People need to do their own due diligence before committing to buy. I also don't see the harm in the type of discussion in this thread . If the pictures turn out to show an absolutely mint machine and it sells at the asking price, great. If it's overpriced for the condition it simply won't sell and the price will get reduced. The price will be decided by what people are willing to pay. The type of discussion in this thread might just help someone new in the hobby from jumping in and overpaying.
I would actually disagree - If you are selling a machine then you know you will need pics... so should have them!... but i do agree that people should deffo do their own Due Diligence.

I do Completely agree that the price is decided by what people are willing to pay though.

People on here always always overcomplicating it. The forum polices itself more or less. This thread got battered because the price is steep and there are no pics. It will get fixed by the seller or the game won't sell on here. It's not that deep

I would actually disagree - If you are selling a machine then you know you will need pics... so should have them!... but i do agree that people should deffo do their own Due Diligence.
Just to clarify, I meant that it may not be practical to add pictures at the time of the listing if the game is tombstoned or on it's way back from someone else. I was thinking more of posts from a very reputable seller on here who sometimes posts sale items before the machine is back with him. However we all know how well his machines are workshopped and the honesty of his descriptions.

Reactions: JT.
Which would...
1. Massively increase the workload for unpaid Admins
2. Delay posting by up to 24 hours
3. Open us to being able to Cherry pick (A La Wes on FB)

Fair, I didn't think about the mods. Was just a quick idea.
3. Would just require trust but I see it could be something people are suspicious of .

People on here always always overcomplicating it. The forum polices itself more or less. This thread got battered because the price is steep and there are no pics. It will get fixed by the seller or the game won't sell on here. It's not that deep

I think a big part of it is it puts off people selling on here. I know a few users have stopped selling after their threads got derailed, the discussion on skill posts for example.

Fair, I didn't think about the mods. Was just a quick idea.
3. Would just require trust but I see it could be something people are suspicious of .

I think a big part of it is it puts off people selling on here. I know a few users have stopped selling after their threads got derailed, the discussion on skill posts for example.
I found the skill post discussion really useful not really knowing much about them my self and how they affect the game value etc.. it's good to know when buying a game if it has them it could impact the market/price when coming to sell it.

This thread would not be 3 pages long filled with crap if the original post had a better description / loads of photos and maybe not such a crazy? price :)
With crazy prices comes crazy discussions :) Look at all the ChrisB for sale threads (for example), decent photo's with a decent description and a good price, game sells within couple posts.

It's a crazy market though so maybe it isn't a crazy price?? The market will decide :)
I am interested to see the photo's to see what a 10k Adams looks like though!

They need thicker skin! This is the internet and this forum is like a play group compared to the rest of it. They can go to Facebook or eBay if they're feeling delicate

This thread would not be 3 pages long filled with crap if the original post had a better description / loads of photos and maybe not such a crazy? price :)
With crazy prices comes crazy discussions :) Look at all the ChrisB for sale threads (for example), decent photo's with a decent description and a good price, game sells within couple posts.

It's a crazy market though so maybe it isn't a crazy price?? The market will decide :)
I am interested to see the photo's to see what a 10k Adams looks like though!

No one seems to know what anything costs in the UK online collector community right now and it seems to be causing all kinds of frustration and silliness - both in the Wanted and the For Sale threads.

No one seems to know what anything costs in the UK online collector community right now and it seems to be causing all kinds of frustration and silliness - both in the Wanted and the For Sale threads.
Agreed, depends where it was last purchased and who the seller is.

Surely if its a crap advert you either just jog on and ignore it or, if interested in the machine, contact the seller and ask for more info/pics etc until you are satisfied? The associated chat that is then generated on pricing and peoples opinions of the game in question is always interesting and normally helpful.

i don't see the need to change forum rules to force pics or give the admins more work.

Or have threads in the for sale forum need to be approved by a mod before public?

From what I can see, the sellers who don’t sell on here are doing it for one reason and that is to get more money.

I agree with @huggers sellers need to put good quality ads up, with sensible pricing or be prepared for a few lighthearted comments.

@David_Vi sorry, wrong quote from your post 😀

Dick pics | River Daves Place

From what I can see, the sellers who don’t sell on here are doing it for one reason and that is to get more money.

I agree with @huggers sellers need to put good quality ads up, with sensible pricing or be prepared for a few lighthearted comments.

@David_Vi sorry, wrong quote from your post 😀

Absolutely right John..... you may like Mando but you're not wrong about everything 😉.

The forum is quiet because there's not a lot of pinball news & new releases etc.

There are hardly any new machines for sale so people aren't moving their collections around and money is tight.

Added to inflated prices it is a perfect storm.

I certainly don't buy into the theory that the sales are quiet because people are scared to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom