What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted A13 Moon Magnet Board

taz turbo

Site Supporter
Alias
Chris Tierney
Hi Folks,

Bit of a long shot this one....

Does anyone have an Apollo 13 moon magnet board they would be willing to part with. Mines not in great condition and giving problems.

A picture for reference...

F7736270-7152-4F77-B46F-602B4187B240.jpeg

Chris.

Could you replace the components on the board?

I agree with this, can't you just shotgun everything on the board as there doesn't look to be much...assuming the traces on the board are ok?

I agree with this, can't you just shotgun everything on the board as there doesn't look to be much...assuming the traces on the board are ok?

Ive had issues with the board since getting the machine, the tracks around the mosfet aren’t great, all components have been replaced once, all tracks belled out good but it still not working correctly.

I’ve made up a temporary board on Vero board, maybe I should investigate PCB design software 🤔

But if I could find a decent board I’d be very interested.

Chris

Ive had issues with the board since getting the machine, the tracks around the mosfet aren’t great, all components have been replaced once, all tracks belled out good but it still not working correctly.

I’ve made up a temporary board on Vero board, maybe I should investigate PCB design software 🤔

Chris

If you want me to make you a new PCB I can do no worries but I don’t think it will solve your issue

Chris
If you can get some decent images and dimensions of the board sent over I'd be happy to draw up on Eagle for you. If not possible - send me the board. Looks pretty simple.

If you want me to make you a new PCB I can do no worries but I don’t think it will solve your issue

@myPinballs That's a very kind offer Jim.

I'm wondering if there's a track breaking down under current. It's working faultlessly with the prototyping board.

I'll PM you some drawings / dimensions and pictures.

Please just let me know how much I owe you for this service.

If you can get some decent images and dimensions of the board sent over I'd be happy to draw up on Eagle for you. If not possible - send me the board. Looks pretty simple.

@MadNat that's a very kind offer, but I'll use Jim's offer of a finished PCB.

I think it's worth trying to replace the connector and connector pins... just my 2p's worth...

@Moonraker its the same connector used on the lash up board and all good, could be something at or under pins on the PCB, all bells out good though, but as some of the traces are a little ropy I'd prefer to just go for a replacement board.

Thanks for everyone's assistance,

Cheers,

Chris.

@myPinballs That's a very kind offer Jim.

I'm wondering if there's a track breaking down under current. It's working faultlessly with the prototyping board.

I'll PM you some drawings / dimensions and pictures.

Please just let me know how much I owe you for this service.

Cool, i'll work the costs out for you. Interesting then that replacing this board with a proto vero made one solves it. Thats great to hear, as we tried all sorts with this issue so its good to find the culprit. Was the one you made including the extra parts we talked about and the sega update or just an exact copy or the original spec?

Cool, i'll work the costs out for you. Interesting then that replacing this board with a proto vero made one solves it. Thats great to hear, as we tried all sorts with this issue so its good to find the culprit. Was the one you made including the extra parts we talked about and the sega update or just an exact copy or the original spec?

@myPinballs it was with the extra resistor and zenner diode, would be good to incorporate these onto the new board rather than soldered on the back?

Cheers,

Chris.

Back
Top Bottom