What's new

Expired A Pin for Xmas!!!

Expired Due to no activity

MikeM

Site Supporter
Alias
Mike
Help! I'm new to the site but I've already had some great help and advice on what to or not to purchase,
All I need now is someone to offer me a pin that I can have in my house by Xmas?
I have a budget of upto £5,000 for the right pin.
I'm open to suggestions and welcome all sellers to get in touch.
Let's see what you guys can hopefully do for me.

Thanks
Mike

Hi Mike, i’ve not long started here too. If my godzilla arrives in the next week/10 days i’ll have whirlwind up for grabs and you’ll have a nice bit of change too

This is not me btw but i find this guys videos are really good for insight

yeah theres plenty of decent DMD era games in the 4-5k region.

Personally id be careful about just grabbing anything to make the xmas deadline as you risk ending up with a bit of a turd or something in poor condition.

Would rather wait for the right machine personally.

Not far from you but nothing im moving on at the minute. Only machine i have in your budget is fishtales that i just refurbed but thats nailed to the floor.

FT is a good example of a brill DMD game in your budget but not one youd want in a 1-2 machine collection IMHO. Youd tire of it to quickly if it wasnt in a larger collection.

If you want one in for xmas you're going to have to collect it yourself, so your options are limited by that. You've got zero chance of getting one via courier/Martin now.

yeah theres plenty of decent DMD era games in the 4-5k region.

Personally id be careful about just grabbing anything to make the xmas deadline as you risk ending up with a bit of a turd or something in poor condition.

Would rather wait for the right machine personally.

Not far from you but nothing im moving on at the minute. Only machine i have in your budget is fishtales that i just refurbed but thats nailed to the floor.

FT is a good example of a brill DMD game in your budget but not one youd want in a 1-2 machine collection IMHO. Youd tire of it to quickly if it wasnt in a larger collection.
I'd love to have one sorted by Xmas, but agree with you regarding having the one I want, not someone's tired looking pin.

If you want one in for xmas you're going to have to collect it yourself, so your options are limited by that. You've got zero chance of getting one via courier/Martin now.
I'm happy to collect as I know Martin in a no goer.
Obviously, I don't to travel hundreds of miles but willing to travel for the right pin.

There's a No Good Gofers for £3600 on Facebook that looks a good price. There's also a Funhouse with a new playfield on Facebook for £3500

Hi Mike, i’ve not long started here too. If my godzilla arrives in the next week/10 days i’ll have whirlwind up for grabs and you’ll have a nice bit of change too

This is not me btw but i find this guys videos are really good for insight

Condition wise? Does it still have the topper?

I think the guy that's selling the Alice Cooper and Corvette was it? is in your proximity. Hard to get anyone to deliver to Wales at the best of times.

There's a No Good Gofers for £3600 on Facebook that looks a good price. There's also a Funhouse with a new playfield on Facebook for £3500
I can't see the Funhouse on Facebook. There's loads of old posts on there.

Don’t forget, a Pin is for life, not just for Christmas!

You have a good budget, so I am guessing you can get something nice.

@MikeM said That's exactly hiw I feel. Sold my first pin 4 years ago (Corvette) which was absolutely mint. Was told it wasn't a good pin and did get bored quickly. Sold it for £500 profit, which was nice. I want something I can keep this time, so want a pin by Xmas, but only if its the right one. I've had nothing but great advice from all so far and really appreciate the posts. Thanks Mike
@paulg100 @MikeM Hope you don’t me moving this conversation here. I just don’t want it to mess up the DESW thread.

@paulg100 said
If its in decent condition and you will have it by christmas as you wanted then price is fine.

Look at it this way, if you paid £5000, and sold it for £4500 so £500 loss, will you have £500 worth of entertainment out of it?

OIthers might disagree but within reason dont see the point in obsessiing over the price if its the right machine, right time, right place.

Every other hobby i have had, i never really saw any return in the money i put into it.

With pinball even if you take a 20-30 % loss, if youve had your fun with the machine then so what?? its a massive chunk of money back.

Go have a look at the family guy and if its in decent nick then take it. Personally i like the game but only played it on a virtual machine.

I would agree, if it was a specific pin, because I’ve overpaid for specific pins that I really wanted.

The thing is, if you’re coming in with a strong budget and are open to lots of pins, you probably want to get the ‘best’ pin (for you, anyway) in that price range. This is especially the case if you don’t have a huge collection (do you have other pins @MikeM?) because, otherwise, you’re going to end up with something that isn’t fun to play - and it’s the only thing to play... :(

Also, personal opinion here, but DESW is a terrible pin. The market for that pin is theme-first because (personal opinion again) no one who is into competitive play would give it five minutes - and I’m a HUGE Star Wars fan. Bear in mind that, onsite here in London, it’s £1 for a game, so you’re going to need to play DESW 500 times to get £500 of play from it, if you make a £500 loss… And that’s excluding any replays! I think you’d actually need to pay me £500 to do that, given all the other things I could be doing with that time 😈 Obviously, that’s just one person’s opinion, but DESW is #157 on the Pinside Top 100 - so, I’m not alone in not being a huge fan and would urge caution on overpaying for one…

yes a different mind set if someone thats planning to move pins around constantly or buying blind and hoping youll like the machine.

No Reason to be buying blind though. Even if cant get to venues easily, Just get the tables on virtual pinball etc and see what you like.
Its not that close to real pinball but good enough to get a feel for the theme, audio, layout etc. Chances are if you like it on Vp. you will like the real table, at least thats how its panned out for me.

Family guy on the bay
I've already had a chat regarding the condition and it's not good.
I've now decided against a Family Guy, as I've not had very good reviews.
Do you know how to remove the thread.

Edit it and change to 'expired'.

Family Guy is awesome, might not look “flowy” but once you’ve dialed in the orbit, ramp, left lane, and upper flipper theres combos galore. Also it’s funny as

Help! I'm new to the site but I've already had some great help and advice on what to or not to purchase,
All I need now is someone to offer me a pin that I can have in my house by Xmas?
I have a budget of upto £5,000 for the right pin.
I'm open to suggestions and welcome all sellers to get in touch.
Let's see what you guys can hopefully do for me.

Thanks
Mike
I have a 1971 Big Show by Bally. Works perfectly and everything functions. Added new bumper pads and a few new screws and a fresh locking cam. I want to sell it.

Back
Top Bottom