What's new

Wanted A machine for the kids to play!

Mark

Registered
Hi guys, unfortunately my kids (7,3,3) seem to be less interested in pinball than I would like, so being the kid dad I am, I'm going to get 2 or 3 non pinball arcade machines for the "games room".

Now, over the years I've had quite a few machines (pushers, fruits, vids, quiz, pins, jukebox, etc etc), so now I'm not 100% sure what to get, but am open to suggestions!

I had a Crystal Maze SWP once before and they seemed to like that, so I'd consider one of those. Also, a video would be ok, but would need to be a driver or gun game (as I've already got MAME running on an old XBOX for everything else).

Maybe a redemption type game?

If you have anything suitable, especially if you're not too far from the Midlands, please get in touch ;)

Cheers, Mark

Thanks Paul, I've had a few pushers in the past, and you're right - the kids do love them. In fact, this time last year I had both a 2p Pac Man Ball and 2p Frooty Looty (very similar to Pac Man Ball) and they were great fun - the kids fingers were green from playing them so much, but unfortunately I sold them :(
Cheers, Mark

Just buy an I pad and put minecraft on it. I've had vids, fruit machines pachinko's they are about as interested in a pin as watching the news.
I do have an old vertibird which amused them for a while but I've come to the conclusion that kids just don't do toys anymore.
Sad really, I think my pin collection is a part of me they are secretly embarrassed about (although they did draw a picture of me playing one on my fathers day card)

Hi Adrian, unfortunately I think you're correct - my 7 year old would spend all day playing Minecraft if he could (or watching the stampy long-nose minecraft videos on Youtube), and I think the 3 year old twins will be the same! It is a sad story now that whatever machine I buy, even an expensive pin, will gram their attention for maybe 5 minutes before they are back on the XBOX.

It wasn't like that when I twas a lad :)

I've got an original XBOX running MAME on a TV in the games room, and that probably gets played more than the pins these days! That reminds me, I have a spare one of those which I keep meaning to put in the "for sale" section, as I only need one.

Cheers, Mark

I've got an original xbox all modded with a hard drive in, funny enough I gave it the kids. I always wanted to mame it up but never knew how.
I've still got a super wild card for my snes and a Dr64 for my N64, all gathering dust in the garage.
Shame really, all good kit in their day.

Back
Top Bottom