What's new

A great time at the EAG

Adrian Hufton

Registered
I might have let slip i had been invited to the EAG courtesy of Phil Palmer@pinball Heaven.
Now i am under no illusion it was anything to do with my charm or good looks, it was probably more the fact i am pretty easy to snare when it comes to a JJP table and have been a frequent customer of late so i assume thanks, and it was a lovely gesture.

So i arrived in the bitter cold multilayered and into the venue which was about 45 degrees C!
Had a look around, played some pinball and met Jersey Jack.
Even with my coat ditched found it too hot and thought the event was a little to much of a corporate affair for me so with the promise of a Chinese with Phil, Chris Brim and Phil's mate, i retreated from the furnace back to the travel lodge to do some work and get ready for dinner.
Now previously Phil had said Jack would be along for the meal, but a text last week asking when my return home was, which was Wednesday morning, i got the message to call him and unfortunately it turns out that the meal with Jack was now, due to unforeseen circumstances, on Wednesday night, which because i booked my train for the Wednesday morn i would miss!
No big deal as Phil, Chris Brim and Phil's mate is fine company to go to dinner with anyway.
So i get to the lobby at 6.55pm and see Phil, Chris, Phil's mate (excuse my ignorance but i am hopeless with names) Jack and Doug Skor of Chicago gaming company!
I uttered a "i thought they couldn't make it" to be met with a big grin from Phil! B******d!!

So i won't go into all the details but needless to say it was a fab night. We had a few drinks, i think i may of had the lions share, and discussed pinball, cars and things in general and had a great time.
Moose gave me a letter for Jack with an idea for a future game which i gave and we had a laugh about, i think also at one point i mentioned to Jack he should have a look at my balls as they are in a bad way! i was talking Dialled in obviously!
So it was back to the Travel lodge and we had a nightcap in the bar. It seems surreal that i was drinking Sambuca with Jack and Phil in a travel lodge and it will remain my greatest claim to fame.
I want to say a huge thanks to Phil for inviting me along, i hope i didn't embarrass him too much in such good company.
For all that were laying bets on me coming home with another machine on the way, you lost, no deals were done or even tried to be......... at this time.
20180116_202240.jpg Above is Jack reading the Letter from Moose and Doug in the background. A great night i will not forget in a hurry..
Cheers Adie.

Last edited:
It really was a great day/evening out. I thought the AFMr was fantastic and would have one in a heartbeat. Love the pirates too but with future releases to consider i am going to wait, space is a big issue at the moment but i will have another, there is some quality pinball being produced and i just can't help but dive in!

did jack say anything about how he was handling those with damaged playfields on dialled in and if they'd figured out what was going wrong in manufacturing?

Well he did explain the situation and how it came about basically saying such a simple thing should never have been an issue in the first place but it's not really my place to say much more or about any resolutions.
Other than the lighthearted stuff and banter, to avoid any wrong information i will keep to a what was said around the table stays around the table, it really was a relaxed social night rather than giving a hard time for defective products, yes it was mentioned, if not tongue in cheek, and stories were told but anything official should come from JJP or Phil, defo not me.
Sorry i can't be more helpful.

well I think he'll be at TPF so I'll talk to him then.

Back
Top Bottom