What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Flippin' Good Day at The Office - 16th April

Lecari

Site Supporter
We are delighted to announce that the next Pinball Office event will be on Sunday 16th April!

This event is an official IFPA event and all are welcome. We’ve had a great mix of ‘veteran’ and new players at our last two events, and at the league events.

Registration will be £20 per person, which includes free parking on site. Registration opens at midday on Saturday 4th March on the Pinball Office website (first come first served): https://www.thepinballoffice.co.uk/

As before, we will have prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. We will also have under 16s prizes.

Competition Details

Doors open at 10:00, with the Matchplay qualifying starting at 10:30.

The format for qualifying will be 3 or 4 player matches across 12 rounds (based on previous events, this means qualifying will finish around 17:00). Qualifying matches will be scored as 7-5-3-1 for 4 player matches or 7-4-1 for 3 player matches.

The top 2 players in qualifying will have a bye to the final.

Players 3-6 will then play in a single match semi-final, with the winning 2 players going into the final.

The final will be 4 players playing 3 games, scored in a 4-2-1-0 format (with a tie breaker game if there's a draw).

If positions 3-6 include more than four players, a tie break game will be played on a randomly allocated machine. Players will be eliminated until only the required amount qualifies for the semi-finals.

Food & Drink

Soft and hot drinks can be purchased at the Office, and light snacks will be provided.

There is a café on site which is open until 14:30, The Waterfront Kitchen. They have provided the club with 15% off vouchers - details here: https://www.thewaterfrontkitchen.co.uk

Last edited:
Just a head's up - we've changed the sign up from Sunday 5th March to Saturday 4th - had a few people say they were worried about missing out as they'll be at Pinball Republic on Sunday :)

Not to mention this event has a bigger player capacity than the last two😉

Here's the player list :)
  1. Emma Newcomb
  2. Will Beynon
  3. Dan Prachar
  4. Dann Sullivan
  5. Martin Bedford
  6. Dan Pocklington
  7. Conrad Chambers
  8. Graham Swaffield
  9. Helen Swaffield
  10. Clive Bush
  11. Diane Bush
  12. Gareth Arnold
  13. Greg Mott
  14. Gene Aw
  15. Alan Griffin
  16. Tim Knowles
  17. Dan Lewell
  18. Effie Lewell
  19. Phoebe Lewell
  20. Brad Attwood
  21. Ellie Attwood
  22. Jeremy Baynham
  23. Ian Clarke
  24. Matthew Halls
  25. Sergio Olave
  26. Steven Dale
  27. Andy Brock
  28. Ben Leigh
  29. Yuen Aw
  30. Michael Aw
  31. James Aw
  32. Philip Escoffey
  33. Andy Campbell
  34. Ethan Campbell
  35. Nathan Garwood
  36. Pete Bennett
  37. Claire Lickman
  38. David Bowery
  39. Andrew Saunders
  40. John Burton
  41. Bradley Burton
  42. Chris Boudi
  43. George Boudi
  44. Sofia Boudi

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing everyone next Sunday - just a reminder, if you're not able to make it please do let @Hiltoncriss know, as there's a couple of people on the waiting list :)

We'll be using almost all the games at the Office, excluding a few that currently have issues (and the Hobbit/LotR :D ):
  1. Diner (upstairs)
  2. Black Knight 2000 (upstairs)
  3. The Addams Family
  4. Dr Who
  5. Creature From the Black Lagoon
  6. White Water
  7. Twilight Zone
  8. Star Trek TNG
  9. World Cup Soccer
  10. Road Show
  11. The Shadow
  12. Attack From Mars
  13. Circus Voltaire
  14. Family Guy
  15. Spider Man
  16. NBA
  17. Wheel of Fortune (upstairs)
  18. AC/DC (Premium)
  19. Metallica
  20. Star Trek (Pro) - Upstairs
  21. Wizard of Oz (Ruby Red 75th Anniversary Edition)
  22. Batman 66 (Premium)
  23. Dialed In (Limited Edition)
  24. Houdini
  25. Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle
  26. Oktoberfest
  27. Black Knight: Sword of Rage (Limited Edition)
  28. Stranger Things
  29. Guns N Roses (Limited Edition)
  30. Alien (Pinball Brothers)
  31. Super Hoop
Looking forward to it!

Last edited:
There is a nice Mexican in Sawbridgeworth - just wondered if anyone fancies grabbing some food after? (I appreciate it's short notice!)

Usually I'm shattered after TDing an event but if a few people want to go I'll book a table. :)

There is a nice Mexican in Sawbridgeworth - just wondered if anyone fancies grabbing some food after? (I appreciate it's short notice!)

Usually I'm shattered after TDing an event but if a few people want to go I'll book a table. :)
I would be up for that if you wouldn't mind dropping me off at the station afterwards.

There's going to be 12 rounds and the finals should start about 5pm, based on previous events (1 game semi-final, 3 game final). January's event finished about 6.30pm. I'd certainly hope we'd be able to eat by 7. :)

Is anyone going on Sunday that is close to ME20 6BA that could drop off a box for me please? Not that far from Maidstone.

there is also an epic curry place in sawbridgeworth - not sure if its open Sunday but its outstanding:

this place is really good!

Good shout! I've had takeaway from there when I lived in Sawbridgeworth, didn't realise it had a restaurant too. Looks like they are open Sundays, so happy to go there instead!

The café near the Office, The Waterfront Kitchen, is going to be opening from 8.30am for anyone who arrives early and wants to grab some food. :) I've eaten there a lot over the last few months and they are really good, and friendly service.

If anyone wants to order lunch from them, I'll be doing a bulk order before the competition starts - we've spoken to them to organise it and they'll make sure it's all ready for the lunch break at 1pm. You'll also get a 15% discount. :)

Just let me know tomorrow what you'd like (or message me tonight).

It's in the same building as the Office, just on the river side.

The Waterfront Kitchen
01279 295775

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom