What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

80B Chat

myPinballs

Site Supporter
Alias
Jim
A thread about Gottlieb 80b's. Sharing interesting info etc

My last 3 80b cpu board sales have all been Arena! 3 Arena games in the last 2 weeks. Weird!! Not usually a mega popular game for new cpu boards in the 80b set, but interesting non the less for 80b geeks amongst us maybe!

Most popular games for new boards are:

TX Sector
Night Moves
Bad Girls
Hollywood Heat
Robo-war

Hollywood heat has a massive following state side it seems!! haha and Bad Girls well, whats not to love?

I'd love more time with Gold Wings. I imagine a @MajesticPinball restored one would be a thing to behold 🥰

We've been lucky to have borrowed TX, Genesis and Arena from James.
Certainly helped convert me to Gottlieb!

Surprisingly I found Arena underrated with a lot of flow and good rules, IF you blocked the 1mil skillshot. Otherwise there's no point in investing in the multiball and playfield multipliers.

Yep, like my Gold Wings and Robowar which both have myPinballs mpu’s😎
Rock solid reliability (now I will get issues😂)

Hollywood heat would be nice, I saw one on pinside with a line of coke mod🤧😂

Always on the lookout for another 80b, handy they are a bit shorter and they fit better opposite my other pins in my not so wide enough room.

Had a fully restored from the ground up gold wings myself for many years. Every one of the 250 plus new cpu boards has been put in it to test to

Took it to a few shows maybe 10 years ago I think

80b Gottliebs are my main focus in collecting and for the most part I adore them all. So far I've got Genesis, TX Sector, Monte Carlo, Arena And Victory all running original boards and all have been trouble free for the most part... but out of that lot Arena is probably my least favourite. I love the artwork, love the sound/music package but I just don't find it an overly thrilling game.

My goal is to have the whole 80b lineup together at some point in life and Gold Wings it's pretty high up on my list, it's a title I'd definitely like to get sooner rather than later

James

I really enjoyed playing on night moves at sgtgrizz House when I bought fish tales off him aaages ago

Told this story before i'm sure but anyway. :)

Gold Wings is my favourite all time game. Last to leave and all that. We had one as kids at home and we were blown away by it. Long before the amazement of power balls on TZ and magic locking balls on the shadow, Gold Wings was trail blazing in our family garage, in a different league to the other games we had like wms space shuttle, wms defender, bally speakeasy, wms gorger etc The music on 80bs and the flashers, was just so damn cool and advanced!!

So being our favourite game we had cleaned it up ready for christmas day. Christmas morning came and we were happily blasting the tunes out of gold wings in the garage when something stopped working. My Dad in his infinite wisdom decided to wiggle the cpu power connector with it on, at which point a little puff of white smoke came out of the board and everything fell silent.... You learn the hard way hahahaha :)

It appears that clicking the link in his Bio tries it as a http connection and thats why I was getting an error, link with HTTPs works ok.
strange - thats all i did and it redirected to the .com site with https :)

80b Gottliebs are my main focus in collecting and for the most part I adore them all. So far I've got Genesis, TX Sector, Monte Carlo, Arena And Victory all running original boards and all have been trouble free for the most part... but out of that lot Arena is probably my least favourite. I love the artwork, love the sound/music package but I just don't find it an overly thrilling game.

My goal is to have the whole 80b lineup together at some point in life and Gold Wings it's pretty high up on my list, it's a title I'd definitely like to get sooner rather than later

James
James, this is your goal.... :) I actually had a couple more than this too at one stage; Hot Shots, Diamond Lady.... and a Gold Wings much later on.

Gottlieb lineup (2021_02_19 12_05_00 UTC).jpg

and remember.... forget the looks, you need a Raven too. Fast and furious kick-**** game, maybe should have kept that one.

Back
Top Bottom