What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gone to Ebay 8 Ball deluxe LE. £700

paddythegreek

Site Supporter
Alias
Ken
Selling as i bought another machine. Plays fine. Cab/box have age related marks. Playfield has been mylared but not the best job in the world. I just rerubbered it and put the odd led under a few inserts
Backglass has been touched up, i sprayed it with lacquer to stop it getting worse.
Has original manual. Coinmech takes new 50p's. Legs removed to get it in my van. You really need a van to move it unless you want remove the top and cables as a complete assy.
Machine in Leicester.
IMG_0700.JPG
IMG_0701.JPG
IMG_0702.JPG
IMG_0703.JPG
IMG_0704.JPG
IMG_0706.JPG
IMG_0707.JPG
IMG_0708.JPG

Ooh , not a bad entry pin for the money!
Love the deluxe back box shape on these... not as good as a vector ?but none too shabby ?

Quick question - I'm sure the answer to this is no, but I'll ask anyway.

Is it at all possible to turn off the annoying background siren sound thing that plays constantly?

I was just checking out some videos (and virtual versions ) of the table to decide whether I'd like to buy this or not, but I think that would become incredibly annoying after a little while

Is it at all possible to turn off the annoying background siren sound thing that plays constantly?

Yes it is, on Bally games of that era adjustment 18 can be set to one of four sound options:

00 - Most switches associated chimes without feature background
01 - Playfield switches associated chimes with background
02 - Most scoring will have noise effect without background
03 - Most all scoring will have a noise effect with background

Great thanks. I'll have a think over the weekend.
Perhaps Siren isn;t the best description for it, but I couldn;t think of a better way to describe the noise I mean, but for example in this video :

the noise starts immediately when he starts playing, it's in the background all the time, when there is no other score sound effect or voiceover happening

Erm your vid shows a standard 8 ball deluxe NOT the LE version. This may or may not have different sounds

Yes, I know, but the LE has it too, I'd already checked that, that video I posted just showed the noise I meant really clearly

LE version, with the sound I mean starting (but the volume is turned doqwn in general I think while he talks)

However, since you didn't seem to know the sound I'm talking about, perhaps is already been turned off on that machine, as andy noted above.

Do you mean the pulsing/warbling sound ? That’s the games ‘music’ as the score racks up

Pretty sure you can switch that off but you probably won’t be as annoyed by it in person as you are watching a video.

Great price for a great starter machine, if the logistics of shipping it were not a nightmare I’d probably have taken it. Paddy the Greek (Ken) is a great guy and knows his onions so the machine will be as described etc

I dunno what setting i got it on. I'm going slightly deaf anyway so half the time i don't hear the sounds/music as i'm concentrating on not loosing the ball. According to my wife and daughters men can't multitask anyway. This is from women who can't parallel park or reverse into a tight space.

EBD was a hugely successful pin back in the early 80s. Superb gameplay and layout up with the very, very best games of this era

Just listen to what the machine says ...

"Quit talking and get chalking"

It was a highly regarded game back in the day, and in the mid 80s if you asked someone what their favourite game was it was often EBD.

Games such as Centaur and Fathom have since overtaken it but they now cost twice as much, so as bang for your buck I don't think you can beat it!

You're right what you say. I had the original EBD years ago and really enjoyed it. I still play a few games on this one even though it's in my van.
In a way i'll be sorry to see it go and whoever ends up with it i hope they get as much pleasure from it as i have.

I think it's the style of cabinet that puts some people off,if it was the original one with full size backbox,I think it would have gone in minutes

^^^^^

What he says. EBD is a high watermark title. Bally at its peak before the crap cost-cut games of 82 onwards. Great playing game, fantastic theme, cool sound, three flippers are the best layout imho, but I always felt that the backglass really let it down.

With the LE model, you get a smaller and better looking backglass which is basically a cropped version of the regular model.

Maybe a guy in a hat playing pool with a matchstick in his mouth, and folk in hats stood about watching, and girls in hats on bucking broncos represent something artistic in the USA, but compared to other gorgeous Classic Bally backglasses of this era - Flash Gordon, Centaur, Fathom, Fireball II, Vector, Elektra, Medusa, .... I think this one is firmly at the bottom of the class.

[QUOTE="DRD, post: 260276, member: 179but compared to other gorgeous Classic Bally backglasses of this era - Flash Gordon, Centaur, Fathom, Fireball II, Vector, Elektra, Medusa, .... I think this one is firmly at the bottom of the class.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Skateball .... the 'California dream ' in pinball form [emoji16]

a9828b32dc9bb9f8de269fea7c41c380.jpeg

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom