What's new

#4-40 #6-32 nylock nuts ramblings šŸ˜

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
These are the little fiddly ones used in Sega games , I have some here that I got from local nuts bolts shop ā€¦.for my Baywatch.

Odd that the UK parts suppliers donā€™t seem to carry them ? šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

The thing is the #6-32 size which you find on most games does seem to fit on the same posts anyway.

Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™m asking here šŸ˜‚ but feel free to tell me something 415BC52C-8D4A-46CF-B8DE-3FA41A8A535D.jpeg

Woooah ā€¦.. hang on Iā€™m being a numpty here ā€¦. I blame my covid brain fog .šŸ„“ (tested postitive yesterday)

Right so the #4-40 donā€™t fit , but they are almost identical profile to the original small #6-32 that are currently on there.

So my question is where to get these smaller profile #6-32 ?? That look identical to #4-40s .The ones from Pinball Heaven etc are all larger - as in my pic

So you're after #6 screw / 32 TPI nylocks just with a 1/4" head not 5/16" head, right?

Tried eBay? I've found some but they look to be in China, can you wait?

So you're after #6 screw / 32 TPI nylocks just with a 1/4" head not 5/16" head, right?

Tried eBay? I've found some but they look to be in China, can you wait?
Yes sir - that is what Iā€™m after. You have successfully broken my code and have advanced on to the next level of your code breaking course šŸ˜Ž

Iā€™ll search eBay again or check my local place . Cheers šŸ˜

Sure they have the same thread and the bigger ones aren't just hanging on by the nylock insert?

Sure they have the same thread and the bigger ones aren't just hanging on by the nylock insert?
I can feel it screwing on so feels right. The #4-40 I have def wonā€™t screw on. I initially assumed they were #4-40 as they look identical.

Itā€™s all very confusing for something so simple even after years of tinkering with these things šŸ˜‚

May be worth trying motorsports suppliers like Trident Fasteners at Silverstone. Lots of motorsport stuff is still using US threads for odd small stuff. Worth an ask at any rate. Though you are more likely to get a Kaynar nut (depitched thread) than a nylock. Depends on whether you need a good locking nut or one that "looks right" if it's on a playfield.

Back
Top Bottom