What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Printing of Arcade Joystick Parts anyone?

Andy B

Site Supporter
I want to make my own 4 way and 8 way switching joysticks as per this video:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1984680

Could someone 3D print me the components (for a fee obviously) please? I have the .stl files for each component (there are two of them but I would need 4 parts in total since as I have 2 joysticks in my set-up).

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Are these for display, or for actual use?

3D printing is great for the occasional use, however wouldnt be ideal for the printing of these to use as it doesnt have the side.side strength.... i remember when playing sensible soccer my Quickshot 2 used to take a right beating... 3d printing wouldnt stand up to that.
If it was printed in maybe PETG or ABS then you might be able to get away with it, however those are more difficult to print with (ABS also gives off fumes which arent great to the user so needs to be ventilated).

Are these for display, or for actual use?

3D printing is great for the occasional use, however wouldnt be ideal for the printing of these to use as it doesnt have the side.side strength.... i remember when playing sensible soccer my Quickshot 2 used to take a right beating... 3d printing wouldnt stand up to that.
If it was printed in maybe PETG or ABS then you might be able to get away with it, however those are more difficult to print with (ABS also gives off fumes which arent great to the user so needs to be ventilated).

Yep, would be for use. I was wondering about the strength thing too. I guess the guy who made them must have considered the same issue though. My arcade machine doesn’t get much use (at least in normal times) so unless they just break straight away I don’t think wear and tear would be a big concern (depending on how cheap they are to make of course - I have absolutely no idea).

Im sure I could help out with this. Only have pla at the moment, but happy to run some off to check sizes etc. Wing me a pm and we can sort something out.

Back
Top Bottom