What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

££ & patience Vs ££££ & right here right now’

GezTheHealer

Registered
Just read the ‘what’s wrong with my prices’ thread and remembered a conversation on Facebook I had yesterday with Leon (See pic). I had a bit of a long day today but it cheered me up no end seeing him being taken to task on his price / attitude. If he’d honestly have paid £1700 for it I’d feel bad telling him he’d payed too much for it, but it seems he wasn’t honest from the off, it wasn’t even his? The real seller wanted £1500? Where to start..It says on Facebook the listings sold now; maybe to a rich business man.

About this time last year I remember longingly eyeing up a beat up JD (personal dream machine). It was in HLD for £3995 and the price just had me thinking ‘*sigh* one day...’. So Thank You to all the ‘old guys who think they run the pinball empire from the shadows’ (and the first person I asked about Buying a machine- @Moonraker) which led me onto this forum and buying a working JD for less than half that price and some patience. Though still not a small amount of money, its as fair as it can be at market value and I’d of course be back on this forum to look for more while saving up for the next one. Good business is being a good middleman isn’t it? I get there’s buyers for HLD, the sites slick and the videos are good, it’s a good service. Though not for me, I’m either buying private and knowing I may need to fix a few bits or from a business with a fair markup based on their work, given the right price/machine.

Anyway, just to hedge my bets, I have two machines for sale (and anyone else’s) only to rich businessmen. I cannot provide lear jet parking or delivery of machines to your yacht, however I will take say, oooo, £3950 for JD and let’s say... £2600 for SnS. If you want both, which let’s assume you do, £6500. Only message if your filthy rich with money to burn on a canny appreciating asset. Any takers?

Attachments

• 6FFF9398-A7A2-4EA8-99DB-1C9BB3B82EF7.jpeg
    6FFF9398-A7A2-4EA8-99DB-1C9BB3B82EF7.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 80
I understand why people go to HLD/Liberty because they get a certain amount of "piece of mind" with warranties, delivery, set up and the knowledge that such companies try to maintain a reputation. I really don't get why anyone would buy from dealers that pop up on Facebook/eBay offering a machine at HLD prices. I would have much more trust in someone from here (the 3 pins I have bought from here all arrived as described and were fairly priced).

It's like buying a second hand car. No sane person would go to a backstreet car dealer and pay main dealer prices.

The games being sold by Leon were not "rich business man" titles IMHO.

Space Jam is ranked a pathetic 320 on Pinside.

Robocop and BK2K are both 1.0 to 1.2 grand titles with a bit of a following amongst a limited pool of nerds.

I owned a very nice BK2K and struggled to sell it. I might give a Robocop a home for a while. But in reality, there are very, very few buyers for any of Leon's titles.

Back
Top Bottom