What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zaccaria Supersonic - Looking for someone to repair and restore

Ads Nems

Site Supporter
Alias
Adam
Hi Guys,
I am hoping there is a forum member who can help or know someone who can help me out here!

My collection has always consisted of SS machines and I have never been that interested in earlier EM's. I recently broke that rule by buying a Zaccaria Supersonic. Two main reasons, I work in the airline industry and Concorde is without a doubt my favourite civil aircraft ever built. Secondly. my son's name is Zachary so had to be done! Costs a fraction the price of an SS so I thought its worth a punt.

The guy I bought it from has owned it for 30 years or so. Playfield looks in fairly decent shape, however the cab is quite tatty and there's definitely a few faults with the machine. The point score keeps on going even when a ball is not in play and a few other faults.

In any case, I would like the whole cab to be resprayed to bring it back to its past splendour and all the mechanical faults fixed.

Is there anyone on this forum who has the expertise and interest to do this job, please get in touch. I dont want to throw silly money at it but bring it back to nice and working condition. With 2 young children I just about get the time to play my machines let alone tinker around with them.#
Thanks
Adam

Attachments

• IMG_3795.jpg
    IMG_3795.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3796.jpg
    IMG_3796.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3797.jpg
    IMG_3797.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3798.jpg
    IMG_3798.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: DRD
Nice machine, cab doesn't look too bad.
I bet you've got a poorly adjusted points scoring contact on the playfied or point score relay under the playfield....
Does it do it after starting a new game or as soon as you power up??

Great story. There is also a Bally Supersonic from around this time.

I dont know whether you can get stencil sets for Zac games. But it is an expensive business. Stencil sets may be 100 to 150. Paint on top. Then many hours of labour, 12 hours ? Stripping the game, sanding, filling, priming .....

In your shoes l wonder whether you might be better off just getting the mechanicals fixed. Zac playfields usually last beautifully

There are a few Zac owners on here who know vastly more than me and may he able to point you in the right direction @ronsplooter @Biff ?

Man that's lovely - I wouldn't repaint the cabinet it looks ace. Love it for what it is, an older machine!

I saw the Bally Supersonic available as well but decided to go for this one because of the name and I preferred the overall look of the machine.

If someone is interested to take on the restore for a fair price then let me know!

To be fair @Ads Nems - once you’ve factored transport both ways, or callout etc your probably in quite a bit on the game... cheap and pinball don’t go together I would say, best off asking a pinhead to come have a look in your area and get it playing rather than a restore, restores aren’t cheap unless you can do it yourself. If you are willing to get your hands dirty people will support with the issue I’m sure but as I understand it, Zacchariah games are hard to get schematics and parts for which may be a limiting factor.

Wow, what a nice machine with that Zac level of bg and pf I can see it justifying a high end "hep" style cabinet restoration if that's your thing and you choose to spend on - I'm not sure who does that in the UK though. The stencils could be made from your machine but the buildings on the side of the bb look super intricate - or cheat and use the Bally Supersonic ones (joke).

Anyway, congrats on a great machine and I hope you find a way forward that you're happy with :thumbs:

ps. The tech problem doesn't sound overly complicated and may go away just with regular playing if you're lucky.

Thanks for the feedback. Not sure if it’s advisable but I’m thinking of maybe just repainting the white and leaving the red and blue . Might be able to masking tape over those areas and just re-do the white.

Your Bally supersonic looks in great condition. I just had my one service and it’s playing beautifully

And one more, but the Zacarria Supersonic is on the top of my list to aquire.

Attachments

• 20200418_112717.jpg
    20200418_112717.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 8
Feel free to drop me a PM if you’re interested to buy my Zac Supersonic. I have some new pins incoming so need to make some room

I used to have a Zac Supersonic many years ago but couldn't really keep it running so many niggles :-(
I did replace all the Bulbs for colour coordinated LED's back then 2012
I couldn't find a replacement trans-light either
i eventually swapped it for a £90 Fruit machine lol ..didnt know about this forum back then :-(

Attachments

• Supersonic Led's 2 .jpg
    Supersonic Led's 2 .jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Supersonic Led's.jpg
    Supersonic Led's.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 19
  • SS.jpg
    SS.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 21
  • ss2.jpg
    ss2.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 21
I used to have a Zac Supersonic many years ago but couldn't really keep it running so many niggles :-(
I did replace all the Bulbs for colour coordinated LED's back then 2012
I couldn't find a replacement trans-light either
i eventually swapped it for a £90 Fruit machine lol ..didnt know about this forum back then :-(
Hi
I think I have just bought the machine you owned serial number 0675, I bought it from a guy who repaired fruit machines near Atherton now sadly its its missing the backbox.

Hi Big John, oh dear that's sad fella i cant believe they beheaded it :-( it worked fine apart from the odd pop bumper would stick down, just needed a copy translight and it would have looked awesome

Attachments

• DSC01378.JPG
    DSC01378.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC01847.JPG
    DSC01847.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 6
Yes its a tragedy, I have ordered a back glass from Italy and hope to find or build a new one back box, playfield and cabinet are in very good condition,

I have 90%, just bought the insides of a Williams Grand Prix back box for the wiring and some of the missing parts so hopefully l will manage to get it rewired and have contacted a guy with a supersonic so I can measure it up and take pictures

Back
Top Bottom