What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zaccaria Aerobatic valuation

wazz99

Registered
Hi I've just inherited a Zaccaria Aerobatic machine. It seems to be in full working order but I haven't yet had time to really look at it.
I've seen bits and pieces of info on this machine but as I'm a complete noobie I dont know much about them.
Before I start spending a lot of money on the machine, can anybody offer me any advise on a rough value of the machine????
A very rough indication would be useful
Thank you

Welcome to the forum @wazz99 I picked up an Aerobatics a couple of years ago for £250 and shopped it out, details of which are in this thread:

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/aerobatics.5215/

In the end I sold it for £250 to a mate so obviously that was at mates rates but if I'd sold it on the open market then it would still be only worth about £300 (maybe £350 as it was a really nice one after I'd done the work). Assuming yours hasn't been shopped out but everything is there (inc the sound board in the head) and there's no damaged plastics (the one above the centre bank is commonly broken) then I think it's worth £250 to £300 in the current market. Posting up some pics would be really helpful in giving a valuation though :thumbs:

Reactions: DRD
All, is this valuation for an aerobatics still valid? Going to see one near me tonight in stoke, asking £600 ono in working condition but with some features not working

My original valuation is still valid IMO. £300 to £350 for a fully working one in clean condition. There's nothing super rare or desirable about this game so it falls into the generic EM's are worth £250 to £350 price range.

in working condition but with some features not working

So it's not working :D If you've got to do work on it (which it sounds like you would have to) then I wouldn't pay anymore than £250 :thumbs:

Thanks all, so he has already been offered 400 apparently, will pop and take a look anyway, looks very nice cosmetically, depends what needs doing to it...

generic EM is a bit mean but very few EMs have any real desirability. has been usual suspects for decades

Thanks all, so he has already been offered 400 apparently, will pop and take a look anyway, looks very nice cosmetically, depends what needs doing to it...

Most Zacc EM's will look decent as the playfields hold up really well. As long as everything is there then it will be possible to get it working. The two main things to watch out for are the plastics as finding replacements will be next to impossible and the sound board in the head. There should be a small, basic pcb in the left hand side of the backbox with a crappy little speaker on it that makes all of the beeping noises.

So, it looked nice cosmetically (not that I have a clue what I'm looking at, its been in his loft for 20 years and he's got it mostly working by cleaning contacts, some lights not working, including backglass and a a few in the playfield (possibly contacts again?). He was offered 400 by a guy who bought an arcade cabinet from him, at which point nothing was working. Tempting, but seeing as the missus has agreed I can have a machine I'll wait for something a bit more exciting, but still preferably EM (any recommendations?). If anyone wants his contact details to go take a look let me know

Oh, forgot to add that the lids on the bumpers (don't know proper name sorry) didn't attach properly, think the retainers are broken off, they float around and fall off while playing.. Also one of the flippers seems temperamental and buzzes as it's held down.

Thanks Courtney, will definitely give it a miss.. My birthday in a month and a bit, will look for something closer to then!

Back
Top Bottom