What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Zac Fartfarla

Upper playfield stripped, part of the lower. My goodness. A surprising amount of metal work :eek:. Very solid plastic upper playfield. Italians knew how to make em'.

Loving the extra long flipper shafts too! I bet they're a bit unobtanium!

Had a busted bumper lamp holder.

The orange drop targets have come up really well after a good clean!

More pics next time.

P1040478.JPGP1040486.JPGP1040555.JPGP1040566.JPG

Last edited:
well that's all the metal striped off the playfield above and below. Worked on the head today. Lowered the neon, carefuly... And the plastic back drop, cleaned with some soapy water, cleaned out the lamp holders, with my trusty dremal thing, installed LEDs, and striped out the metal work and cleaned the PCB holders. Waiting for some metal work to finish tumbling then i can put back the neon, and try the LEDs in the back glass to see what they look like. Pretty sure i will need a warm white, so may have to covert a bright white to a warm with some acrylic flesh tone paint - will try it any way...

In other news, i wore a hole ion eth tumbler, booooooo, which i then fixed with some gaffa tape, yeaaaaaaaa....

Attachments

• P1040950.JPG
    P1040950.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 11
  • fixed.jpg
    fixed.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Hole.jpg
    Hole.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 9
Finished.

Well almost, need to work a couple of bugs out the system but the LEDs are realy, realy good - no ghosting, nor goblining...

I had an issue with LEDs being too fat for the holes in the playfield (GI), i had to grind the circumference off the colour band ban arond the edge - ever tried to grind plastic, it is like herding cats, or picking your nose with chop sticks..

I had a few faulty ones too, but Blues with green colour, i am pretty sure the supplier will sort out replacements.

On the whole though, very impressed with the Comet no ghosting LEDs and they really do go well with the colourful Fartfella...

Will be replacing the neon after the show with a cool LED neon i found, that looks fantastic with none of the UV nor heat .

Back glass not turning up till after the show now - boo hoo...

Anyway i am ****ed, gota long drive to Wales tomorrow and a **** tip of a garage to clear up . Here is a video of it (Farfalla not the garage). Like i say, i still need to sort a few contact issues, i also have a Transistor i need to replace as the knocker is locking on at start up (wondered what that smell was) and a weird bug where the flippers on the upper playfield will carry on working (sometimes) after the ball goes to the lower playfield, not just them working though the supporting feature sounds also carry on - may be a bug, maybe a game feature. I need to check the switch level diagnostics to seeif that reveals anything - what ever relay switches these in and out may be monitored, and may also be resposnabale for switching this game featire in - in which case a duff input to the relay - may be cap controlled for time? Will see. - hey i seem to be writing this like John Budd ;-)

Anyway, i am out of here - cheers all. Can't wait to see some of you :) at Pinfest :) I may even get ****ed and have a beer chucking Comp with @Poibug

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmkgTSceEZVbx0lBJxH-K89z0OUB?e=fFo1UD

IMG_0188.JPEG

Thanks for bringing this to pinfest, I thought it was a real beauty. Zaccaria did make the most gorgeous machines :)

Thanks all. The Comet LEDs in it are pretty good. They say no ghosting and as yo saw, they did not... Although i did have abut a 7% failure rate which i was surprised about. I had arranged to meet with James from Pinball Bazar at the show to swap out the duff ones, but he never showed. Very illusive of late too... Will ping him tomorrow.

I had a few goes on this over the Pinfest weekend and quite liked it, only issue I saw was someone getting the ball wedged over the top of a couple of the Butterfly drop targets when they were down, possibly the middle two. A gentel nudge got it off and the player was able to carry on.

Looks much better in person that the pictures above show it.

Yes, someone else mentioned. Will be setting it up soon to replace the neon and back glass so will adjust the target heights so they protrude by a mm or two when down. There were a few othe shakedown issues that i sorted on Saturday morning. 👍

Awesome work on this. I couldnt make it to the show this year so didnt get to see it in all its glory. Love the crazy art. Zaccs always look so great

Back
Top Bottom