What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your pinball playing habits?

Carl Spiby

Registered
Just wondering when people find time to play the machines they own? Generally for me its a few games after tea until I have a good game (can take a while sometimes!) then I switch off and go watch some telly!

Whenever I'm in the mood really. Sometimes I'll go days without playing and other times I'll play several times a time.
I'm working from home these days so tend to play a lot more. It's more fun than actually working....

Just wondering when people find time to play the machines they own? Generally for me its a few games after tea until I have a good game (can take a while sometimes!) then I switch off and go watch some telly!

About the same for me. Its great being able to just walk in the pin room, switch a game on and play real pinball machines as an alternative to TV / internet on nights in.

Its a bit more social as well - I usually also drag a few mates back from the pub after the weekly night out. Gets me a lift to the pub and back usually, so win-win for everyone :)

Would like to host a social evening for the local Northern pinheads at some point in 2014, but need the house sorting a bit before exposing innocent victims to my squalor. Might need another machine or two as well to catch up with everyone. 3 machines seems to be positively amateur league around here...

Rog

Working from home is dangerous, it's so tempting to nip down for a quick game - 60mins and several credits later i have to then come back to the computer & make it up for my insolence in my own time... this is not approved by her indoors. But i wholeheartedly agree, it's far more fun.

When i'm working away, overnight, or in an office, i tend to have quick games on the iPad Pinball Arcade, just for fun. And also sat on the lav.

I try not to go mad and play on them every day (i'm on 3days and counting with no gametime right now) otherwise there's a risk might get bored too quickly as i'd rather buy-play-maintain-improve-play & enjoy the ownership, than buy-play-play-play-sell & cast it off really quickly (but that's just me). Will play in the evenings, but not too late as a good game can leave me wired with little of hope of getting to sleep easily. Tend to get played more when we have people over...

i really want to get AFM fixed up better as she'll happily play TZ without any provocation but hasn't really discovered AFM yet. She's really the one who wants TAF, thus it's on my wishlist. I'm not going to argue.

2 machines just isn't enough... let alone enough for a Northern meet.

I often work from home and sometimes spend my lunch playing, then eating back at my desk. I often play in the evenings and whilst the kettle is boiling during my tea-breaks.
I don't believe is reducing my playing so I don't tire of a machine, if I do I will swap it out or play another machine for a while.

I work from home too, when work is slack I work on the pins during the day, no playing allowed.
Then as a reward I play in the evenings. Usually play until backache kicks in...or I'm too drunk to make the shots!

When the games were at home I'd play them every evening when I got home from work (as well as tinker with them). Now I have to make a special trip to my Dads to play them its more like a few hours at the weekend if I'm lucky :( I need to sell this f*cking house as quickly as possible :mad:

Selling a house is not a quick process because someone in the chain will be an idiot. It was summer when I put my house on the market, I am now doubting we will be in before Christmas. :mad:

Whan watching a Footie match on TV I always have a quick game (or 2/3) at half-time. Danger is you have a really good game & miss most of the second half!
Otherwise, it's nice to just play until you have a decent game then go and do other stuff. I need a daily fix of Pin playing!

It can be a nice stress-outlet while working from home, so a mid-morning or lunch-time blast is fine (and productive) in my mind. I tend to go through phases of mega pin interest, followed by not playing at all for weeks, but in general I do tend to get most enjoyment from trying new things - maybe I just need to turn games over quicker :)

I play every working day and there are about eight of us who play lunch hours and breaks .
Lucky as have several pins to pick from, but we concentrate on one pin for roughly a month ( or until everyone has agreed that the current high score will not be beaten )
Whoever sits at the top of the high score table has major bragging rights, and I also play Gary competition wise every day 3 times and we see who wins over the week.
At the moment I don't play the pins I have at home but my kids do, too lazy to go to the arcade room,but am currently sorting 3 for my office / games / tinkering room and will then play .

Back
Top Bottom