What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your opinions on these tables..

Shark

Registered
hi guys,

ive got a shortlist here of tables that I would like to have next, and would value your opinions and notes, I don't want to buy a lemon!..

Terminator 2
The Getaway II
Corvette
Dirty Harry..

oh, average prices too please!

Cheers folks..

Bearing in mind that one mans diamond is another mans turd and you should always try and play a game before you buy it.....

Terminator 2 - Cool game with a shallow ruleset and good flow. The theme is awesome though and seems to keep the price up a bit on these compared to similar games of the era. Check for pf wear as these got played a lot on location back in the day and also make sure the cannon works. Price wise I'd be looking to pay no more than £1K to £1200 for a nice one.

Getaway HS2 - I love this game :D Very fast game with a shallow ruleset, but really fun to play. Plenty of these about so you don't generally have to wait too long to get hold of one. The main things to check are that the supercharger is working as it should and that the gear shift level isn't broken, also check for pf wear especially around the rpm inserts. I know of a mint one that sold before Christmas for £1K so don't look to pay more than this ideally.

Corvette - Great game with a deeper ruleset than T2 and HS2. You don't see this come up for sale that often so you might be waiting a bit to get hold of one. Check that the engine is working and not damaged and also the car race thing on the right side of the pf. I'm not so sure on price for one of these but for me I'd probably go up to £1500 - £1600 for a really nice one.

Dirty Harry - Awesome game with a great ruleset and strategy (In GrizZ's words, one of the best bang for buck pins out there). Things to check are that the gun is working, wear around the HQ hole, that the Magna Force magnet works and the ramps aren't cracked or broken. I sold mine for £1300 about 2 weeks ago and that had been fully shopped with the only bad points being 1 vert line out on the DMD and some scratches on the cab. Without those issues it I could have probably asked for another £100 so say £1400 as top price but bear in mind that game had been fully stripped down on the top for shopping and all the mechs underneath stripped and cleaned.

All the above is just my opinion of course and the right game to you may be worth more or less than what I think ;) Hope that helps.

I do.. (having placed a few credits on yours!), but then again- I don't. I love the theme.. but what is the actual game? I didn't know what I was meant to do. to me, it was just a game of "keep the ball in play" with no idea what I was supposed to be doing other that pressing a button when the ball was near a flipper. lol.. if you know what I mean.

so what is the game, what you meant to do? I can explain the basics of gameplay on my machine (freddy: shoot the boiler, build power meter, shoot the boiler again to kill him, try do it 7 times to win- and its good fun!)

..so then when you know the rules of T2 and are playing the game, is the game any good?

oh, and how much it (and the others) cost on average? EDIT: ron got in before me, reply was aimed at phil..

wow! great replay ron, very helpful indeed!
I want them all now!

there's a getaway and a dirty harry on ebay just now.. dh at 1500 starting bid and the getaway still bidding res not met at over 500 just now. both adverts extremely vague at best with no decent images for judgement. some folk just cannot advertise to help themselves, or, they are hiding something.

Bearing in mind that one mans diamond is another mans turd and you should always try and play a game before you buy it.....

Terminator 2 - Cool game with a shallow ruleset and good flow. The theme is awesome though and seems to keep the price up a bit on these compared to similar games of the era. Check for pf wear as these got played a lot on location back in the day and also make sure the cannon works. Price wise I'd be looking to pay no more than £1K to £1200 for a nice one.

Getaway HS2 - I love this game :D Very fast game with a shallow ruleset, but really fun to play. Plenty of these about so you don't generally have to wait too long to get hold of one. The main things to check are that the supercharger is working as it should and that the gear shift level isn't broken, also check for pf wear especially around the rpm inserts. I know of a mint one that sold before Christmas for £1K so don't look to pay more than this ideally.

Corvette - Great game with a deeper ruleset than T2 and HS2. You don't see this come up for sale that often so you might be waiting a bit to get hold of one. Check that the engine is working and not damaged and also the car race thing on the right side of the pf. I'm not so sure on price for one of these but for me I'd probably go up to £1500 - £1600 for a really nice one.

Dirty Harry - Awesome game with a great ruleset and strategy (In GrizZ's words, one of the best bang for buck pins out there). Things to check are that the gun is working, wear around the HQ hole, that the Magna Force magnet works and the ramps aren't cracked or broken. I sold mine for £1300 about 2 weeks ago and that had been fully shopped with the only bad points being 1 vert line out on the DMD and some scratches on the cab. Without those issues it I could have probably asked for another £100 so say £1400 as top price but bear in mind that game had been fully stripped down on the top for shopping and all the mechs underneath stripped and cleaned.

All the above is just my opinion of course and the right game to you may be worth more or less than what I think ;) Hope that helps.

Chris nails it as ever ^^^ 🍵

I will just add that whilst Harry is an awesome game, its probably the 'toughest' of those 4 titles for non pinheads to play at first, if that is of importance to you.

I think maybe overpricing Corvette though. I would have thought the 1k ballpark for worker. More for minter. Considering a Johnny Mnemonic recently went for sub 1K on the bay - another relatively scarce and prob more in demand title.

I think maybe overpricing Corvette though. I would have thought the 1k ballpark for worker. More for minter.

Good call Ive, wasn't really sure on this one as they don't appear very often.

so what is the game, what you meant to do?

There are 2 main scoring strategies on T2, go for multiball (lock balls in the terminator head and use the gun) or payback time (get all the awards from hitting ramp shots). Have a look at the vids on here....

http://pinball.org/videos/

Scroll down to T2 and there's quite a few tournament play ones so you can see how the real pro's play it ;)

I know of a corvette for sale from a member on here 1350 though

hmmmm, I would like that pin- and the others too!

hopefully, I should be in a position to buy this coming week. that's all but T2 now available out there, I will have to speak to all the sellers and make a definite decision on which one to go for.. viewing likely wont be an option..im in central Scotland..so i'll be buying the seller as much as the pinball..

viewing likely wont be an option..im in central Scotland..so i'll be buying the seller as much as the pinball

Tread carefully when buying sight unseen. If there's a game in particular that your interested in, it might be worth asking on here to see if anyone local could view it on your behalf.

your Freddy is already at £840, so you never know, you may even get a grand for it :thumb:

of those 4 games, if i went into a bar and only had time to play one of them, i'd probably play Getaway (High Speed II, not getaway 2) as it's loads of fun, and i just enjoy watching the ball zooming round the supercharger - and it's probably the least financially valuable of the lot.

i've never really liked T2 for some reason, which i can't understand one bit, as i loved the film, and it's designed by Steve Ritchie who i generally worship. he also did The Getaway. who knows, maybe if i had an hour on one, and got at least one good game on it, i'd probably warm to it. i think this is the one with a game in the backbox firing plastic balls, which may be a bit cheesy but i always enjoy peripheral games, whether they're backbox or videomode.

Corvette is a game i have a lot of time for, it feels wonderful when you're in the zone and shooting ramp after ramp, and it's very stylish with lots of sleek curves and a fun soundtrack. i'd probably choose this one second if i still had time in the above scenario.

Dirty Harry is too hard for me, as i'm not very good at pinball, but i still like it. probably the most expensive of these 4 titles.

enjoy :)

reese with and withoutaspoon.jpg

yer, freddy is doing very well. according to pinpedia, its doing more than any freddy sold in the UK before it. so even it it gets no more bids, its a great result. I have a few quid I can put on top..

cooldan@ which one has the game in the backbox firing plastic balls?- that sounds like fun..

I have a Corvette in the Pipeline bar in London if you want to play and see how you like it? There is also AC/DC, WCS, TAF, RBION and Playboy.

If you really like it, make me an offer!

Matt

thanks matt..
I am unable to commit just yet, but perhaps you could pm a price and more details, i'll keep it under my hat for now- ive been looking at the details all four tables and corvette may well be the one for me.. im not in a position to view, im in central Scotland, it would cost as much as a table to get there and back lol..

thanks matt..
I am unable to commit just yet, but perhaps you could pm a price and more details, i'll keep it under my hat for now- ive been looking at the details all four tables and corvette may well be the one for me.. im not in a position to view, im in central Scotland, it would cost as much as a table to get there and back lol..

Ah, I see.. it is a fully working table, but not mint! Expect a few cracked plastics and the odd ding to the cabinet, Im sure the playfield is in good shape though. I will be there tomorrow and can take some pics if you decide that's the table that you want. (I also have a T2 and HS2)

Considering a Johnny Mnemonic recently went for sub 1K on the bay
Which is suppose to have a couple of issues on it (one of which is glove related)... plus no playfield photos... so I think that scared a few people off... I may regret it after I've seen it ! :scared:

God, DH seems to have shot up in value. I would have still ranked it as just under a grand (same as FT and HSII) but maybe I just need to get with the times. DH is a good game though, despite the plum attacking gun (you'll discover what I mean if you ever own one!).

Sadly, the ping pong ball thing on T3 isn't as exciting as it sounds. OK game but not a keeper for me.

Always wanted a T2 as I remember it in pubs but I suspect it hasn't aged as well as some other games.

God, DH seems to have shot up in value. I would have still ranked it as just under a grand (same as FT and HSII) but maybe I just need to get with the times.

I'm inclined to agree, you should still be able to find them for between £800 and £1.2K depending on condition and where you look. Most of the ones that sell for silly prices on eBay tend to get relisted months later...

thanks matt..

I made enquiries about a Corvette about 18 months ago on the Yahoo group and had a brief chat with someone called Ronnie. He was based in Carnoustie which was too far for me so it didn't happen. Not sure if he is on here or if any of the Scottish contingent know him, in case he still has it - he was not really looking to sell at the time, just responded to my wanted ad, but 18 months is a long time in the life of a pin ;)

I'd have to say,whilst other opinions matter it really goes down to what you like.

One mans turd is another mans gem.
I hate for example IJ but many love it.That is what a 2k plus game.Conversely I love my Volcano thats what - £500 or so,and others dont like it.
Used to be the same for my only NIB purchase - RBION - tho that seems to have gained a fair bit of love/kudos generally in the last year or so.

I would say dont let your money burn a hole in your pocket - and go and play as many of those as ya can.Plenty of league meets/events you could go to and try em a bit more.Maybe even some at other pinheads houses.
Enjoy:biggrin1:

Travelled north today to collect this lovely Corvette, was very lucky to find one local (2hrs away) as they seem to be rare pins.. smiley17-1.gif

It was the most expensive and rare pin on my shortlist of wanted tables and was more then I had wanted to spend.. I sold my Freddy, my collection of arcade pcbs and other bits and added some cash on top. many thanks to those who bought stuff from me recently to make this happen.. here it is!

IMG_1005-1.jpg

..Ever seen a Corvette parked in the back of a Honda?

Its still in the wife's car, im hoping for some local Jamma+ help to get it out the car and into the house as my wife cannot help, being 8months pregnant..

Aside a good clean and fresh rubbers and the odd bulb, the table appears to be minty fresh, clear coated playfield with zero wear and the cabinet and backbox are free from any marks dents scratches or fading! Only point to note is some flaking paint on the lockdown bar which i'll sort. Better than described! I'm looking forward to getting stuck into it, i'm going to give it a good clean, shop it out with new rubbers and springs, add some LED's etc.. maybe do a couple of the popular mods too..

Main problem ive got it, its 74cm wide and my doorways are 70cm.. the back box will need to come off (or spun sideways at the least) to try get it in, a three man job...

Many thanks to Ronnie for an amazing table.. a friendly guy too

Back
Top Bottom