What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your opinions on my next pin

Andy.S

Site Supporter
I’ve recently got into pinball after spending many hours at my friends Happypin playing his machines and he tipped me off that Carl was selling his hs2 last summer, so a deal was done and I’m now the happy owner. It was not a pin that was on my wish list but it’s grown on me and I can’t see myself ever selling it. I’m now on the lookout for my next pin and maybe I’d like to get one that was on my wish list plus a couple I’ve more recently fancied.
My question is to ask your thoughts on the following pins?
and what prices should I expect to pay?
tspp
Family guy
The Flintstones
Nascar
I would like a game to be easy to play as most of my friends have never played pinball before so I don’t want a drain monster (so I’ve taken ghostbusters off my wish list until myself and friends get better lol)
also any other suggestions on easy/fun games would be appreciated.
I’d like to stick to 90’s Willams/ Bally and Sterns . I’ve got more machines on my wish list Metallica, Iron Maiden, Guns and roses, Twilight zone to name a few but I think for now I’d like to stick with what I first suggested.

I’ve owned 3 out of the 4 above but never played Nascar but the fact you have a car themed pin would be in my eyes enough to put it bottom of your list.
So of the remaining 3 on your list I still own 2 of them namely FG and TSPP.
FYI FS didn’t hang around long I didn’t gel with it and TBH the 1st two on you list are easily the best choices.

So in my eyes it comes being to what’s best TSPP or FG? Simple answer you can’t go wrong with either however FG is the easier in rules and shots and also the cheaper of the two.

I personally prefer TSPP and FG would leave before it but this is mainly down to the fact my FG has been out on loan almost a year and I haven’t really missed it coupled with the fact R&M easily takes it on theme for me.
I always thought FG was the funniest pin ever made with the best assets! In fact Stern excelled themselves with the amount of custom speech in this pin and it always chucks a new quote in that you’ve never heard a year on from getting it. but again R&M has taken its spot in this category.

If you like FG layout then a slightly cheaper option might be Shrek so don’t dismiss that either.

My 2 Penney’s for what is worth.

I’ve recently got into pinball after spending many hours at my friends Happypin playing his machines and he tipped me off that Carl was selling his hs2 last summer, so a deal was done and I’m now the happy owner. It was not a pin that was on my wish list but it’s grown on me and I can’t see myself ever selling it. I’m now on the lookout for my next pin and maybe I’d like to get one that was on my wish list plus a couple I’ve more recently fancied.
My question is to ask your thoughts on the following pins?
and what prices should I expect to pay?
tspp
Family guy
The Flintstones
Nascar
I would like a game to be easy to play as most of my friends have never played pinball before so I don’t want a drain monster (so I’ve taken ghostbusters off my wish list until myself and friends get better lol)
also any other suggestions on easy/fun games would be appreciated.
I’d like to stick to 90’s Willams/ Bally and Sterns . I’ve got more machines on my wish list Metallica, Iron Maiden, Guns and roses, Twilight zone to name a few but I think for now I’d like to stick with what I first suggested.
When your allowed get your flipping fingers over to my place, soon I hope.
good luck with your next pin.

I got offered a v. nice condition NASCAR back end of last year for £2,500 I think off a forum member. Only reason I didn’t go for it was I’d heard iffy reviews about maintaining the Test car mech and was worried about getting my hands dirty being a noob. Looks a fun game- I can’t drive 55 song is a bit annoying imo

Nascar/Grand Prix is okay. Good for the £2500 it was offered to @SteadyP .

Family guy is underated.
Flintstones is great but up until about 5 years ago it did not have much love. Now everyone goes mad over it - and the prices have shot up.
Simpsons - deep ruleset. Not an easy game either.

If you get Flintstones or Simpsons then rip out the original DMD and get a colour one! :)

I've owned TSPP and Family Guy, and I'd definitely go for FGY over TSPP if you want an easier game to play with friends who are new to pinball. TSPP is a great game but it's incredibly deep and when I had one I was pretty much the only one playing it.

I’ve owned 3 out of the 4 above but never played Nascar but the fact you have a car themed pin would be in my eyes enough to put it bottom of your list.
So of the remaining 3 on your list I still own 2 of them namely FG and TSPP.
FYI FS didn’t hang around long I didn’t gel with it and TBH the 1st two on you list are easily the best choices.

So in my eyes it comes being to what’s best TSPP or FG? Simple answer you can’t go wrong with either however FG is the easier in rules and shots and also the cheaper of the two.

I personally prefer TSPP and FG would leave before it but this is mainly down to the fact my FG has been out on loan almost a year and I haven’t really missed it coupled with the fact R&M easily takes it on theme for me.
I always thought FG was the funniest pin ever made with the best assets! In fact Stern excelled themselves with the amount of custom speech in this pin and it always chucks a new quote in that you’ve never heard a year on from getting it. but again R&M has taken its spot in this category.

If you like FG layout then a slightly cheaper option might be Shrek so don’t dismiss that either.

My 2 Penney’s for what is worth.
Thanks for your 2 pennies worth as it’s highlighted the fact that I hadn’t thought about only having two pins and them both being car related so I think I’ll leave nascar at the bottom of the list for now.
The more I watch YouTube clips of FG it makes me feel like this should be number 1 on the wish list plus my GF most evenings watches it so maybe she might have a play 🤔 because at the mo she turns her nose up at hs2 😆

Well if you ever fancy moving on FG let me know as it will be going to a good home.

I got offered a v. nice condition NASCAR back end of last year for £2,500 I think off a forum member. Only reason I didn’t go for it was I’d heard iffy reviews about maintaining the Test car mech and was worried about getting my hands dirty being a noob. Looks a fun game- I can’t drive 55 song is a bit annoying imo
That seems like a good price I’m not worried if a machine has a little work that needs doing to it as I have an ace up my sleeve (happypin)

I’m not Familiar with her I can’t drive 55 song I will have to look into that.

Nascar/Grand Prix is okay. Good for the £2500 it was offered to @SteadyP .

Family guy is underated.
Flintstones is great but up until about 5 years ago it did not have much love. Now everyone goes mad over it - and the prices have shot up.
Simpsons - deep ruleset. Not an easy game either.

If you get Flintstones or Simpsons then rip out the original DMD and get a colour one! :)
What ever buy it won’t stay standard for long as I love modifying 😀👍

I've owned TSPP and Family Guy, and I'd definitely go for FGY over TSPP if you want an easier game to play with friends who are new to pinball. TSPP is a great game but it's incredibly deep and when I had one I was pretty much the only one playing it.
Thanks for your input , looks as though I should post a family guy wanted add.

That seems like a good price I’m not worried if a machine has a little work that needs doing to it as I have an ace up my sleeve (happypin)

I’m not Familiar with her I can’t drive 55 song I will have to look into that.

it does come at a cost Andy.... Curry takeaway

I would happily buy your friendship for this, lol would throw in a Mac D’s brekkie to,

Andy has to up his game now.
Every cap changed 2 rectifiers and a custom button battery board made and fitted to his HS2 = Chicken Jalfrezi
I did get grand champion testing the machine.
Happy days

A Pin2DMD colouring just released for Family Guy too :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom