What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Most Desirable Modern Gottlieb Games?

PeteB

Registered
Alias
Random Username
So much talk about Bally/Williams, DE/SEGA/Stern games but Gottlieb gets little love. I find myself incredibly curious about their games, mainly the more modern ones. It seems the most famous 'oldies' are things like Haunted House, Black Hole, Hulk etc, but what about the later 80's ones and DMD's?

Only played a handful at shows, other than that I never really see any. Surprising really since the one's I have seen on eBay usually go pretty cheap.

I'd really like to get my hands on:
  • TX Sector
  • Nightmare on Elm Street
  • Bone Busters
What are your favourites, or most desirable?

Stargate was one of the more rated one. Bought one and doubt I would have another Gottlieb. Just couldn't get on with the feel of the game. Played a few others at shows and never really been that impressed.

There's some nice touches, for instance the bottom of the playfield was really well labelled but for me the gameplay just wasn't there

Always really enjoyed Big Hurt esp as was my first ever machine and great fun even more so for the less experienced players.

Well it's actually Chris Poibug's fault for my Gottlieb System 80B bug. TX Sector.... play one and it'll get to you ! Loved this machine, particularly the sound and just had to get one which I did eventually. This and Robowar are the best of the System 80B's I've played so far. Still looking for an Excalibur, Diamond Lady & Bounty Hunter.

Have played later DMD games like Stargate and Freddy Nightmare and just didn't take to them. The sound is awful which is a real shame.

I think another problem with Gottlieb's is they're all badly beat up and don't play right. People don't even want to rebuild the flippers due to cost because they don't see it being worthwhile for the cost. So this adds to the poor playing experience.

Couldn't agree more, bought a Stargate off the forum last month and when I was playing it in the first few days of ownership I wanted to burn it as most of the shots were not achievable, after a full re build of the flippers and a re rubber it plays really well and I really like the game, completely different to all my other Bally/Williams games in terms of how it feels and it plays, audio isn't up the same quality as Bally/Williams but the gameplay is fantastic if setup correctly and all working as it should be.

Night Moves, TX Sector, RoboWar and Gold Wings are my favourite of the more modern Gottlieb games. I also enjoyed playing Poibug's Big House at NLP...interesting game :)

I'm also a fan of Surf n Safari, Victory, Class of 1812 and Cue Ball Wizard. The 2 that I haven't played but would really like too are Lights...Camera....Action and Bone Busters :thumbs:

Was very close to obtaining a nice Lights Camera Action a couple of months ago. Annoyed now I let it slip.....:cuckoo:

Many thanks to @TYHO and @JMP for bringing us northern lot all these great Gotlieb titles that we would never have played it weren't for them. Cheers guys.

Genesis lights camera action bonebusters class 1812 cactus jacks Stargate all superb. Never played Hollywood heat but even Steve Ritchie really rates it. Mario Andretti was terrible. Barb wire bored me after a week . Mario is for kids and as such is great. Best selling modern gottlieb is street fighter 2 so go figure.

I've got to say TX is my fave - was delighted to get hold of one...gets a lot of play.
Really enjoyed having Genesis in the house for a while on loan from Poibug - very difficult game...but quite addictive, gives you that "one more game & I'll beat it" feeling.

Must say that there hasn't really been a sys 80b game that I've played that I didn't enjoy...and yes, poibug & jmp are totally at fault for it all :)

Regards,
Dan.

Lol yes great theme crap game, shame really even sf2 is better
this HTML class. Value is
This guy loves his mario pinball.
EDIT. Don't know why i can't just copy and paste the youtube link in here?
Type mario pinball into youtube and its the 'i got myself a 90s mario pinball' video. The pin fights him back at one point aswell!

this HTML class. Value is
This guy loves his mario pinball.
EDIT. Don't know why i can't just copy and paste the youtube link in here?
Type mario pinball into youtube and its the 'i got myself a 90s mario pinball' video. The pin fights him back at one point aswell!

Click the video button on the post editor and paste the YouTube link in the popup box! :rofl:

Oh I remember seeing this video a while back, and wanting to punch that spoilt little brat stright in the nose, especially after the way he chucks the cat on the glass and holds it there.

I mean, what an imbecile, setting up a something as heavy as a pin with no shoes on. I felt like justice had been served when he scraped himself on the back latch haha!

Back
Top Bottom