What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You have insufficient privileges to post threads here?

You need to be a site donator. Donations can be made from the toolbar at the top right.

It's aimed at stopping scammers coming on and posting for sale ads and then disappearing.

Last edited:
Thanks all.

(It does say in the description of the category "You must have donated and be a "Site Supporter" to post in this Category. Please note - Pinball info is not responsible for sales in this forum - Please exercise caution. "

:)

I can understand and appreciate the requirement of a "donation" to place a machine for sale but really think that "wanted" adverts should still be free or make the site a "membership" site for a small annual fee for all. I am looking for a pin so am in effect paying to find a pin to pay for.

I can understand and appreciate the requirement of a "donation" to place a machine for sale but really think that "wanted" adverts should still be free or make the site a "membership" site for a small annual fee for all. I am looking for a pin so am in effect paying to find a pin to pay for.

You could take your chances with ebay, Pinball owners, the various premium-priced turd-polishers like HLD... there are even some UK sellers on Pinside (although i don't know why they bother).

In my view, and obviously i'm biased because i've seen the light by frequenting and using this brilliant resource; a meagre £10 donation here is highly likely to save you considerably more vs. elsewhere - and that includes the community support. A solid state game (unless it's an older EM) will likely cost you £1,000, probably more, so £10 is <1%.

Starting a thread with "i just bought this machine off ebay and it's got X, Y & Z issues..." may even some people off even helping, because you didn't listen to advice in the first instance... not all, but some.

I actually like the idea of a simple annual sub, other might not & i'm sure there's a whole new discussion to be had around that one.

Useful post here: https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/machine-sales.45236/#post-338149

Last edited:

No offense but is £10 going to break the bank.

We all spend a lot of money on this hobby.

Its less than a price of a set of replacement rubbers!

Also its good to put something back in, look at all the free info and the soap opera that is pinballinfo.com

I would stick on an yearly fee of £12 for everyone (£1 a month - f. all).

Keep up the great work @Paul and the other staff.

No offense but is £10 going to break the bank.

We all spend a lot of money on this hobby.

Its less than a price of a set of replacement rubbers!

Also its good to put something back in, look at all the free info and the soap opera that is pinballinfo.com

I would stick on an yearly fee of £12 for everyone (£1 a month - f. all).

Keep up the great work @Paul and the other staff.
I completely agree at an annual subscription and £10~20 would be fine. It would certainly weed out some of the scammers and time-wasters. It is not about the money, I just feel that "Wanted" ads should be free. I would happily make a donation but do not have a Paypal account as they are modern day highwaymen with their exorbitant fees. How can I donate another way?

I completely agree at an annual subscription and £10~20 would be fine. It would certainly weed out some of the scammers and time-wasters. It is not about the money, I just feel that "Wanted" ads should be free. I would happily make a donation but do not have a Paypal account as they are modern day highwaymen with their exorbitant fees. How can I donate another way?
You don't get charged a fee to donate 🤔

When you get banned this time Andy, just before you do could you say something like "I'll be back! (house)" cos that'd be cool af.

And nothing you've done has been cool up to this point.
I really think you have got me mixed up with someone else. I only know one person called Andrew and he strangely enough repairs my electronic pinball machines when I need him to

The thing is Andy you've got a little club of us who will sniff you out until you do one. Sending me more abuse via eBay telling me that you've still got multiple accounts on here kinda gives it away too 😉
I am sorry Majestic Pinball I really think you and the other guy above have got me confused with someone else. Who is it you think I am?

I am sorry Majestic Pinball I really think you and the other guy above have got me confused with someone else. Who is it you think I am?

Andy noun - an angry, aggressive, sexist & homophobic 70 year old, who claims to refurb pinball machines but actually just gives them a bit of a wipe and then sells them to unsuspecting first time owners at 3 times their value. Is weirdly obsessed with this site, either because he thinks it will give him access to cheap pinball machines or so that he can ask newbie questions under a pseudonym. Banned three times, this'll be the fourth. Has an inflated opinion of his own intelligence.

This is a hypothetical person of course. If your pinball repair dude in any way resembles this hypothetical person, tell him 1) to go do one and 2) that all his accounts are compromised

Andy noun - an angry, aggressive, sexist & homophobic 70 year old, who claims to refurb pinball machines but actually just gives them a bit of a wipe and then sells them to unsuspecting first time owners at 3 times their value. Is weirdly obsessed with this site, either because he thinks it will give him access to cheap pinball machines or so that he can ask newbie questions under a pseudonym. Banned three times, this'll be the fourth. Has an inflated opinion of his own intelligence.

This is a hypothetical person of course. If your pinball repair dude in any way resembles this hypothetical person, tell him 1) to go do one and 2) that all his accounts are compromised
The person I know live on the south coast and comes up to Banstead when needed. I have always found him helpful although I must confess I do not know him very well. He was supposed to be trying to get me a Creature from the Black Lagoon as this was the machine I was playing when I met my wife. I will call him tonight and maybe he can cast a little light on this. As I mentioned before, I do not know him other than he fixes my 2 electronic pins as I know very little about electronics but am quite surprised he so disliked on this site, whatever has he done? please tell.

:rolleyes: This feels like groundhog day.

edit - plus I love the super convenient back story that we didn't ask for

I also heard he lays scotch eggs. Strange

Back
Top Bottom