What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xmasify your avatars

i would love to but lack the skillz. if someone can put a christmas hat on Sydney there to the left and it looks decent, i'll use it til Jan 2nd

yeah but a red and white sleepy hat and some xmas nipple tassles are what she really wants. she told me. through the transmitter in my teeth that the FBI don't know about yet

Nice to see my talents in the digital arena being appreciated! Not bad for 5 minutes work using JASC Animation Shop 2 which I've had since 1999. I still use Paint Shop Pro 6 every day at work on my 64-bit Win7 laptop even though I have Photoshop CS5 - by the time CS5 has finished loading I've got the job done in PSP6.

I'm too lazy, can someone draw an xmas hat on mine or somerthing :rofl:
dude, yours is a static pic so i was gonna do it in Paint but when i clicked on it, the guy is tapping his foot.
i used to get the same problem with some animated gifs that move, and some that don't. maybe try reuploading it or something, then your blue guy might get a hat and nipple tassles too

dude, yours is a static pic so i was gonna do it in Paint but when i clicked on it, the guy is tapping his foot.
i used to get the same problem with some animated gifs that move, and some that don't. maybe try reuploading it or something, then your blue guy might get a hat and nipple tassles too

@Paul did you ever figure that one out?

Edit : Ah it works after I re-uploaded it

Which one?? Animated Avatars work fine now :D

The problem is that you have to edit an animated gif with an animated editor - else you end up with a static first frame of the image.

Other than that, i haven't a clue :D

The problem is that you have to edit an animated gif with an animated editor
If any of you are looking for a super simple GIF editor then Animation Shop 2, which is part of PaintShop Pro 6, is excellent. It was released around 1999/2000, so it's really old, but it was lightweight and super fast even back then so on a modern machine it's really quick. Like I said, I can usually do a quick fix in PSP in the time it takes just to load Adobe Photoshop. Yes, Photoshop is ultimately a more advanced tool, but you don't need a sledgehammer when you're only cracking nuts. Unfortunately, the company, JASC, who made PSP and AS, were bought by Corel and are now long defunct.

Joining the club, my old avatar of 3 pop bumpers didn't really fit, but Lionman goes nicely :)

Also quick question, how do you guys seem to get your GIF avatars under 50KB which is the limit for the site? I can't seem to find any which are under 100kb or so. Is there a way to compress them at all, I have the adobe CC stuff so could probably do it in that.

Make sure they're 96 x 96 pixels as that's the size when they're displayed at the side of messages. Any larger and they're being scaled down. Don't use too many frames - for example, @cooldans's Sydney is only 5 frames. Keep the framerate low. Again, Sydney is rotating at just 10 frames per second, i.e., 1/10th of a second between each frame, so she's going round twice a second ;)

When you finally compile the GIF you usually have options to balance between quality and size. Sydney was generated at the highest quality setting in Animation Shop and is 32 KB. Going to 10 frames tipped the scales at 63 KB.

Thanks for the advice dude. Will have to look into it but Christmasman will stick around until the end of the month for the moment :)

I thought after packing up my Christmas avatar until next year I though would like a new avatar, but I've gotten so used to my little blue alien I don't recognise my own posts! So, it's bye-bye PARAGON Bumper Cap Man and hello Little Blue Alien, which I like as I made him myself whilst doing some art and craft with my daughter so he's totally unique :D

ParagonBumperCap.jpg

Back
Top Bottom