What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xenon playfield lighting....Lazers, LED's and.....a smoke machine!

pintableuser

Registered
There is an enthusiast down in Marseilles who has just raised the bar on play-field lighting by adding a few very clever modifications. The smoke machine and Lazer definitely make putting LED's in a socket or two.........very..very old - skool.
His u-tube link is at Xenon Custom 2016
(Apologies....I still have to learn how to do a linky-link)

Wow!
I can't help but think it would suit T2?
Will the smoke leave a residue?
When I first saw the smoke I thought something was on fire!!!
I think the lasers should carry a warning similar to the Pinball 2000
IMG_2368.JPG

first game to use a smoke machine was Keith Bests' customised locomotion rebranded as pinball express. have a picture somewhere. was simply a smoke stack on top of the back box but looked great

love xenon but blue LEDS about the most id do to it. a subtle rule rewrite could be awesome. maybe a progressive tube shot value during multiball. the ooh ahh is quite satisfying but a million (well 20k!) plus type feature would be cool

Thanks Courtney for uploading the link.
A pinball machine has such potential for development with a huge cabinet to put all the additional trick electronics and mechanical magic in its own nicely placed spot. We are at the beginning of something really awesome as more and more enthusiasts use their skill-set to work their magic . From custom paint, custom electronics, custom lighting effects, custom mechanics, custom codes and music......... limitless.
Chopper mentality perhaps where you tear something down worth 2K, rebuild using additional hand made parts worth 1.5K plus untold man-hours and achieving the sought after end result of unique jaw dropping beauty.

Back
Top Bottom