What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xbox One help please

ianw

Site Supporter
Alias
cityexile
Hi Guys

Been a long time since owned a console.

Now own to 2 xbox one's and 2 copies of Forza 6.

I have set up to gaming rigs, how do I set up the 2 xbox's so they can race each other? Seems they do it via the internet and not a physical connection.

Can you set up default bootable games? With no login required?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

It sounds like Xbox One's can be linked together over a LAN just by plugging an ether net cable into both of them as per the section on System Link on the below site:

http://eliteownage.com/xboxlan.html

I'd start with that and then see if there's any LAN settings that you can mess about with (or at least confirm the 2 consoles can see each other) as you may need to enable something to make it work over a LAN. The other thing is whether Forza 6 supports LAN play as the post on the below forum seems to suggest it is game specific (people moaning that Halo 5 doesn't support it):

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/2...m-link-for-all-games-that-don-t-rely-on-cloud

With regards booting straight into a game and bypassing the login and dashboard, I doubt it very much :( On a PC you can do this by changing the boot loader but I doubt MS would allow you to do this on a factory Xbox one.

I'd start by plugging them both together, loading up Forza 6 on each and then see if it gives you any local multiplayer options :thumbs:

Thanks, have both on the network, will look in settings if something needs to be enabled, but they cant see each other.

have both on the network

If you connect them both to your network I suspect they'll just treat each other like any other Xbox One connected over the internet and you'll need to find them from their friends lists. Try taking them off your network and hardwiring them together with an ethernet cable and see if that changes anything?

Worth a try mate :thumbs: Local multiplayer either on one console or over LAN seems to be a dying thing these days now that everything is geared towards online. It'll probably take some tinkering to get it working....but it should be supported from what I read on the net earlier.

Yep, crossover cable should do the trick. You can get PC's to boot straight in to a game so I would think there should be the capability with Xbox (but have no dealings with Xbox so can't help any further).

Couldn't get to work with crossover cable, ended up signing up to xbox live service :(

20151228_170653.jpg

No I haven't had a hair transplant, it's a neighbour!

Got mine from Germany, was cheaper than any local company

Back
Top Bottom