What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWF Royal Rumble tripping electric

Steven

Registered
I've recently picked up a Royal Rumble. Most times when I first switch it on it trips the electric. If I then switch it off, reset the trip switch, it will then switch on fine.

Anyone got any suggestions for what could be causing this?

I've tried it in a different socket with the same outcome.

thanks

Might be a bad EMI filter? I had that on my Fireball although the symptoms were slightly different to yours.

What happens is this - when you turn the game on, the inrush of current trips your fuse, but only when the 240v sine wave is in the high phase

Simplest dirtiest solution is to run the game on a multiplug extension lead to delay the surge by just the few ms needed. Permanent fix to the problem is to fit a thermistor as in a post I wrote just a couple of days ago with a link in it - thread called electric problem or similar. It's on flippers.be which is full of great info

edit: here's the link http://www.flippers.be/basics/101_sys11_house_fuse_trips.html

Last edited:
I have this problem on my tftc and sttng.
Was going to ask today if anyone knows the spec of the thermistor to buy?

Back
Top Bottom