What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTF update on ST LE

Colywobbles

Banned
Site Supporter
Alias
Billy Big B*llocks
My old ST LE was re-homed with a friend very near to me and a while back I was telling him that it seriously needs the latest update on as he still on 1.2. I did try a few mth ago with his USB drive and code but it didn’t seem to work so I said I’ll sort using one of my tried and tested trusty ones.
But here’s the thing I switch the pin on then flip dip sw8 on and when I press the white button to access the update menu it just locks the pin lights stop flashing and screen also locks on whatever graphic it was displaying at the time
I have taken a vid if it helps but before I post any ideas guys?

Last edited:
Why are you/they pressing the white reset button?

From memory... updating a SAM game is:

Insert USB with correct file/formatting
Flip Dip 8
I think the DMD then shows the update menu...?
If not, go into the coin door menus

I just found this Video, starring the actual Jesus:

If the game isn’t detecting the USB file then my guess would be it’s formatted incorrectly, or being recognised at all. Must be FAT32.

I use an old ****ty 128MB stick - works like a charm!

Why are you/they pressing the white reset button?

From memory... updating a SAM game is:

Insert USB with correct file/formatting
Flip Dip 8
I think the DMD then shows the update menu...?
If not, go into the coin door menus

I just found this Video, starring the actual Jesus:

If the game isn’t detecting the USB file then my guess would be it’s formatted incorrectly, or being recognised at all. Must be FAT32.

I use an old ****ty 128MB stick - works like a charm!
Thanks I’ll give it a whirl when I get back from my WE down Brum.
I actually followed the instructiions in the manual 1st then a different video to the one above and neither worked
Will try on Wed and hopefully sort
Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom