What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted WTB - Safe Cracker / Safecracker Wanted

Dex-Jay

Site Supporter
Alias
Richard
Wrecked, project or fully working. If anyone has is considering selling one drop me a message.

I guess you have played one of these?
I’ve had a few over the years more for the gimmick factor than anything else.
If you haven’t played it I really suggest you do before shelling out too much.
All that said “one man’s meat” ect ect. And it does fit in those small places in a big collection.

Then again what do I know so just Ignore this if you have played and love it and good luck with your search.

I guess you have played one of these?
I’ve had a few over the years more for the gimmick factor than anything else.
If you haven’t played it I really suggest you do before shelling out too much.
All that said “one man’s meat” ect ect. And it does fit in those small places in a big collection.

Then again what do I know so just Ignore this if you have played and love it and good luck with your search.
Oh, I value the opinion here! :) I agree with the gimmick-y comment too.
No, never played it but seen it in a few videos. I know it has it's critics and I see their points, absolutely. I've not a big collection 5 and a bit pins and space is "always" an issue.

At silly money I'd sooner buy a TZ. I don't expect to get one cheap, but thought I'd ask.

I think it's fun and for playing with your mates with a few beers it fits the bill perfectly. Also for the casual player (minds are blown when it doles out coins!)

It's not for serious or competitive players though. Too easy, shallow and too random with the scoring.

One on the bay, miles away but will ship? It’s probably more than you want to pay?

s-l200.jpg

Look at this on eBay
Pinball machine "Safe Cracker" (Bally 1996)

Play before you buy for sure it’s not a popular game but pretty rare as lots got scraped I think phil bought 9 nib from a distributor took the boards out and threw the rest in the skip
When it does come up it normally doesn’t fly out the door particularly at silly money
Your cash is much better in a tz

One on the bay, miles away but will ship? It’s probably more than you want to pay?

Look at this on eBay
Pinball machine "Safe Cracker" (Bally 1996)
Mega bucks but thanks for looking.

Play before you buy for sure it’s not a popular game but pretty rare as lots got scraped I think phil bought 9 nib from a distributor took the boards out and threw the rest in the skip
When it does come up it normally doesn’t fly out the door particularly at silly money
Your cash is much better in a tz
Whoa. Skipped 9 of 'em. Oh well, it happened with games a lot over the years. I'd have a SC & a TZ ideally of course. I'm a big fan of the original TV Show, Seasons from '59>'64 and I liked the machine, I just don't love it the way I do Scared Stiff for example which is probably a combination of my poor playing skills and bad taste.

If you lot can bear me in mind for a SC of course that would be awesome. If I get one and hate it, you can all say - "I told you so!" :p

I've got to admit to enjoying SC on Williams Pinball on the iPad.

It's a bit like a cross between a pinball machine and a roll 'n move game - thereby combining board gaming with pinball. It's amusing, at least.

I wouldn't pay £15k for one.

I agree the game isn`t up to much but if you are after a real nice one John Devine in Old Garscadden road Glasgow has one I honestly have no idea what he wants for it but it is a beauty and he has all but sold off most of his collection now and would likely be happy to let it go at the right price whatever that might be . Problem is he usually insists on personal collection and no carriers though. He goes under the name pintableuser on ebay and the info site.
For what it`s worth i owned one a few years back which cost me a round £1000 from a guy called lee Buck, it was lovely condition with loads of coin tokens ( as has JD`s) but my goodness the novelty wore off pretty quick for me . However if it is what you fancy then why not !

I fancy a SC mainly for the novelty factor and would to see one getting the full restoration treatment. I reckon its the type of game that my wife would like which is also a bonus.

Good luck with finding one.

ive got one that didnt go in the skip the reason they got scraped was it was illigal to operate them as its a payout machine and the g.c hated it probably only had 500 games from new its for sale but would have to be proper money

Owned one myself and took it to one of the pinball party shows a few years back. Had a new one at home back in the day that my old man had. I've alway enjoyed it and when you were a teenager, those coins that came out rolling down the playfield glass were like winning the lottery, or getting a golden ticket to the willy wonka factory :) Fun times! I would have another

My advice is dont believe the hype and if you like the game then so what. Not everyone has to like addams!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom