Complete WPT

• Hi Guest,

Want lots of pinball Machines to play in one place??

One low cost price to let you play all of these??

If you Fancy visiting the BIGGEST and BEST Pinball show of 2019 Click Here

(Click the "x" in the top right corner to get rid of this message :D )

Banzaipinabll

Aug 16, 2011
Aberdeen
Picked up a WPT last week, was well described, however seller failed to know none of the controlled lamps were working. Price adjusted and very happy with the purchase.

Known issues or work required

All controlled lamps not working - Fixed - F9 fuse was blown, replaced and blew again. Found out that BR9 rectifier was bad, replaced and now all working
Backbox florescent tube not working - Gonna replace with LED strips
Needs flipper rebuild
Over 50% of other lamps out
PF is flithy, Rubbers need replacing - Full strip and clean required
Looking to replace translate with an alternative, fit mirror blades and see how we get on.IMG_5127.jpgIMG_5128.jpgIMG_5130.jpgIMG_5132.jpg

Neil McRae

Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
Surrey
fantastic game...

suggest cleaning the optos around the entrance to the ramps on this and reseting the cables, the control is on the backboard of the play field.

Mirrorblades look fantastic on this machine.

OP
OP
Banzaipinabll

Banzaipinabll

Aug 16, 2011
Aberdeen
A good few hours work and PF nearly stripped. My goodness it was flithy. One of the first pins I have stripped that had a number of nuts behind under PF mechs like flippers plates, so needed to remove to take of some of the posts. Anyhow, nothing seems to e missing or broken. Awkward removing some of the connectors behind the back plate due to limited access. This is my first modern ish Stern I have worked on, the threaded screw that are screwed from underneath PF, whereas Bally / Williams used T nut and screwed from above PF.IMG_5206.JPGIMG_5207.JPG

Reactions: astyy

Neil McRae

Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
Surrey
That looks super - WPT has something about the playfield that’s very bright and likeable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

stoptap

Jul 21, 2011
Leeds
Reactions: carl lawrence

Wayne J

Jul 22, 2011
Walsall
One thing is certain - the best protection a playfield can get is dirt. Amazing the machines you see which are filthy, but underneath the playfield is in great nick.

Definitely agree that WPT needs LEDs and mirror blades. Mine doesn't have the OCD board but still looks great.

What condition is the mini playfield in? I have a spare if required.

Reactions: BigIan
OP
OP
Banzaipinabll

Banzaipinabll

Aug 16, 2011
Aberdeen
Hi
One thing is certain - the best protection a playfield can get is dirt. Amazing the machines you see which are filthy, but underneath the playfield is in great nick.

Definitely agree that WPT needs LEDs and mirror blades. Mine doesn't have the OCD board but still looks great.

I have not got to the mini PF yet, will have a look and good clean later today and will let you know if I need a replacement, thanks

windoesnot

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2014
Lancashire

Yeah its strange that one of the best playfield protectors is a thick layer of dirt!
If the mini playfield you have is one of Phils I can vouch for these being very good quality :thumbs:

DRD

Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2014
Newark
That mini pf is suitable for buffing. The scratches on it make it look hazy and smoked, and hide the pop bumpers beneath it. I used buffing wheels on a drill and it came up a treat, do not use a dremel !!!