What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would like to get back into pinball :)

R

robertlucas1970

Good Evening

I have decided to get another pin, around 12 years ago I had a Adams Family and Starwars Trilogy, I then swapped these for a Sopranos as I love the TV show and wanted to see what is was like to have an almost new pin.

Anyway I was on the daughters xbox and downloaded the pinball game and paid for a couple of tables, this was a few days ago and I have been looking on ebay and am shocked just how much they all seem to cost now, so I will keep saving.

I am still a huge StarWars fan, spent 2 years building a full size R2 unit, so would like to get another Trilogy or the Data East one which I have never player, but some of the newer ones look real good, just been watching a video for Batman which was for sale on here a while ago.

Looking through the old sale posts over the last few months I see there was a Sopranos not too far outside my budget :)

I live in Shrewsbury, I hope I can find some better deals than on ebay, so glad I found this group, I am a member on the yahoo group, but not much activity on there and was given the details for this group.

Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
Many Thanks, just looking through the sale posts for last year, still a good selection of machines in my budget, but I do wish they was all around £500 a again !

Welcome Robert, your in the right place to buy your pins.

You'll find real pins sold by real pinheads with the support when it's needed.

You can always place a wanted ad as you know what you want.

Good luck with starting your collection!

Unless you really know what to look out for and what you are doing, eBay can be a minefield.

Much safer to buy a game on here from a known enthusiast

Unless you really know what to look out for and what you are doing, eBay can be a minefield.

Much safer to buy a game on here from a known enthusiast

Yes I found out the hard way some years ago when I picked up a pin from many miles away, paid for it with paypal, got to the owners house and pulled it out the shed, was in shocking condition, I was too upset to try and rebuild it, so I included it in the deal when I got the Sopranos.
I cant remember the dealers name, but he was putting on big shows where everybody donated machines for few days, he had Luton sized van at the time.

Many Thanks
Robert

Will you have it finished in time for the new series of Robot Wars?

Only joking, that's a very nice machine. Don't think a pinball machine will cause any problems for you looking at R2, what's your next project?

Yes I found out the hard way some years ago when I picked up a pin from many miles away, paid for it with paypal, got to the owners house and pulled it out the shed, was in shocking condition, I was too upset to try and rebuild it, so I included it in the deal when I got the Sopranos.
I cant remember the dealers name, but he was putting on big shows where everybody donated machines for few days, he had Luton sized van at the time.

Many Thanks
Robert
Nick Bennet, UK Pinball Show 2005 - 2009

Welcome to the forum Robert.
Quite a few of us on here were involved in those shows, so you may have met some if us already :)

Last edited:
Did u fabricate the parts yourself of do you buy them somewhere? Id love to build something like that

No I am not that clever, most of the parts come from the USA, different people machine different parts, so a lot of very skilled people offer the parts on a builders club.
Some people make them out of resin and wood, but if you want something like this then its going to take at least 2 years and thats because you have to wait for parts to be offered and expect to spend £20k+
The periscope for example has not been around for some time and the next lot will be ready in 4 years, but when you look how much work has gone into it, even down to the PCB which are all custom designed and this part will cost $1000 and then we have the shipping and custom charges every time a part lands in the UK :(
But worth it if your a StarWars fan, was at my local Imax when the new movie came out with R2 and everybody loved him, I use a tiny RC stealth system, so people cant even see that I control him.

Will you have it finished in time for the new series of Robot Wars?

Only joking, that's a very nice machine. Don't think a pinball machine will cause any problems for you looking at R2, what's your next project?

Im working on BB8 which I expect will take a year as all the body and dome is 3D Printed

Robert if you sell R2 it'll help kick start your pin collection (Not that I think you'll do it).

Still can't get over how good R2 is.

I do like this hobby :)
I now have 2 pins, I have installed LED kits, cleaned and polished and very happy with the way they look now.

Rob, don't get into pinball otherwise you'll never get BB8 done.

But they are looking good!

Back
Top Bottom