What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst modern machine?

johnwhitfield

Site Supporter
Alias
John Whitfield
Went into central London last night which is now almost a pin free area.

Anyway, found a Transformers in Wardour St. Remembered playing it once before and not being impressed but thought I'd drop a couple of pounds in to try and give it another chance.

God, what a truly dreadful machine. :bored::bored: I honestly can't think of anything positive to say about it, ended up praying that I wouldn't get a score high enough to give me a free replay.

An absolute suck-fest from start to finish, even the artwork is depressing. Admittedly it probably doesn't help that I don't like the theme but - ugh!

Left wondering if it was the worst of the pins in the last 10-12 yrs. I'd rank BBH and RS way above it, at least I could have a quick blast on them even if I wouldn't own them.

Am I missing something? Is there a worse modern pin out there? (played monopoly and even that seemed fun in comparison)

Not a Stern hater by any means but boy that pin sucked yesterday. Don't think I've ever had such a bad reaction to a machine.

John (Bitter & twisted this morning)

Transformers and Avatar are nowt flash. But both are outstanding compared to some of the 90's Sega games. Viper Night Drivin and X Files are 2 that spring to mind. The artwork is primary school level!

Having played Transformers for the first time at NLP I wasn't that impressed myself, found it kind of boring (especially next to X-Men).....I do like Avatar though :)

I was with Mr Splooter playing it when we decided we were bored, a few games were not exciting but this actually bored me.
I do reserve the fact I might just not get it.

I was playing it last weekend at Robin's (Pinside chap) gameroom and quite enjoyed it. Love the callouts and music and think the theming is great. Only let down would be that the modes seem very similar with little thought as to how they could have been used or differentiated from each other. Shoot here x times then shoot here x times, repeat and rinse probably gets kind of old. Shame as i genuinely believe it could have been so much more!

TF seemed ok to me - only a few games played on the LE.

Far worse in the last 12 years ...compared to some of these TF looks like a masterpiece

Sharkeys Shootout :eeek: - just horrible
Indiana Jones - :confused1: so bad they couldn't even be ****d to finish the software
NBA - yes, I'd almost forgotten about that turkey and it was only 3 years ago :sad:

I'm afraid that I don't "get" Transformers or X-Men either. Just a bit too old to be into the cartoon series of the former, and the latter just feels too random to me to be enjoyable. Even these two are far, far better than 24 or Big Buck Hunter Pro. Not keen at all on Roller Coaster Tycoon or Stern's Indiana Jones either!

Not played it but my recent research on the Stern Indiana Jones seems to suggest that it's a steaming ****, I panicked when I thought I was going to win one recently for £1500 :D

Not played it but my recent research on the Stern Indiana Jones seems to suggest that it's a steaming ****, I panicked when I thought I was going to win one recently for £1500 :D

The one redeeming feature on it is the Ark multiball start sequence when a load of balls get tipped out of the ark. But the ruleset is just shockingly poor, dull dull dull :doh:

Also played that TF and found it boring as hell. TRS is pretty bad as well. But then moving onto ACDC Premium and XM LE and these are just so fast and intense - completely different to the older Sterns.

I thought that Transformers looked amazing (visually) when I first saw it, but the gameplay didn't live up to my expectations and I just found it dull.

Shrek...... although it had the same playfield as Family guy, it made me realise that the only reason I like family guy is for the theme....

Indiana Jones (Stern) Too stop start / too much DMD video and SDTM "splooge" multiball is just aweful

Rolling Stones by a long way.
The fact that it stood with no-one playing it at Daventry the year before last is testament this.

I wanted to walk away before the end of my second ball.

Back
Top Bottom