What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worlds

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Great stuff Neil! That's very generous of you!

Shame it's January when things are very tight but have donated what I can..

yeah I am also going to run some events to raise money but it might not be early enough!

Donated. You do a lot for this hobby Neil and you deserve supporting.

thanks but i'm not going :D but there are a bunch of great guys who qualified!

Current @roadshow16 and @PUP are the qualified folks. If they can't make it then I think it goes to Rich.

Neil.

How can it be illegal to possess a lump of moon? That's outrageous.

Edit:

On second thoughts, until someone else lands something there that can return to earth, I suppose it isn't so outtrageous.

Last edited:
Sorry it’s not actually illegal to own them but it’s illegal to buy anything that NASA or USSR brought back from the moon. NASA has loaned out moon rocks but title has always remained NASA’s.

The moon rocks are split between a back site at White Sands that holds about 100KGs of material and the LSLF at building 31N stores the rest and is used as the main preparation and facility - I was lucky to have visited there about 4 years ago and saw the vault where the samples are stored and the tools to research the moon rocks which lots of folks use throughout the year for research. The interesting thing is the smell from the moon rocks which is has a very sulphurous type smell.

I have a couple of moon rocks from meteorites...

Cheers,
Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry it’s not actually illegal to own them but it’s illegal to buy anything that NASA or USSR brought back from the moon. NASA has loaned out moon rocks but title has always remained NASA’s.

The moon rocks are split between a back site at White Sands that holds about 100KGs of material and the LSLF at building 31N stores the rest and is used as the main preparation and facility - I was lucky to have visited there about 4 years ago and saw the vault where the samples are stored and the tools to research the moon rocks which lots of folks use throughout the year for research. The interesting thing is the smell from the moon rocks which is has a very sulphurous type smell.

I have a couple of moon rocks from meteorites...

[/URL]

Cheers,
Neil.

Yeah.... pretty sure that comes from the same place that makes pure green 😂

Thanks to all those people who have put in some cash, very generous of you and a massive thanks to Neil for doing this.

I was thinking this might be a bit of fun......

How would you like one of the best pinball trophy collections in the UK, overnight??

To the highest bidder you can have my entire collection of trophies (excluding 2) to do whatever you want with them. Display them on your mantlepiece to show everyone what a pinball god you are. Burn them. Melt them down for gold. Rebrand them. Whatever you want!

Let's see if they are worth anything, if not they can go back in IKEA bags in my garage!

IMG_20200204_045324.jpg

IMG_20200204_045316.jpg

IMG_20200204_044027.jpg

Rather what I believe is a flash gordon in the background...

No way Craig! Madness!

What about displaying them in Flipout as a semi permanent exhibition piece?

It's a shame they don't see the light of day.

Thanks to all those people who have put in some cash, very generous of you and a massive thanks to Neil for doing this.

I was thinking this might be a bit of fun......

How would you like one of the best pinball trophy collections in the UK, overnight??

To the highest bidder you can have my entire collection of trophies (excluding 2) to do whatever you want with them. Display them on your mantlepiece to show everyone what a pinball god you are. Burn them. Melt them down for gold. Rebrand them. Whatever you want!

Let's see if they are worth anything, if not they can go back in IKEA bags in my garage!

View attachment 101345

View attachment 101346

View attachment 101347
That F14 will get you closer to a ticket for the flight 👍🏻

When I got my first trophy I was more chuffed than a grown man ever should be. Never won anything before.

Kids brought me down to earth by showing me how many more they’ve got for pinball. 😢

They’ve got a trophy for Sarge’s humour and moderating skills:

First place:

b1a9fad65751c2d118601074a39e2df4.jpg

Make it your mission this year.... Win a pinball trophy! You could even start a Gofundme campaign to finance it [emoji6]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Bit under handed mate... Whens the last time you put your hand in your pocket to help someone else...

Or does your vanity get in the way or just your ego?

Just find it nasty someone goes out there way to help others achieve something by helping them finance an expensive trip...

And you try to undermine it...
Wow. You tournament kids are very sensitive.

It's a Gofundme to fund someone's hobby - you are not raising money for a children's hospital.... so lighten up. Jeez.

And as you seem interested in 'when was the last time I put my hand in my pocket to help someone '...... on a monthly basis to Macmillan Cancer Support and others . I tend not to fund peoples pinball holidays it's true , but that's just me. If that makes me 'nasty' ...I can live with that .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom