What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Record pinball playing attempt

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
As someone who did 24 hours pinball playing for charity, standing up the whole time into the bargain and certainly not taking 5 minute breaks every hour ..........................I'm surprised the official world record stands at 'just' 28 hours ;)

I really should have combined the 2 and contacted Guiness at the time.

Good luck to the guy though.

http://www.pinballnews.com/news/record3.html

Thread on my epic a couple years ago here .....

http://www.pinballinfo.com/communit...nball-marathon-please-support-right-now.5715/

Just Giving page still active for donations.

in 1990 at Loughborough Uni our team played 2 of my machines for a total of 72 hours as a round the clock relay. A booze fuelled marathon is quite fun! great advert for Gottlieb as neither machine (a Genesis and would you believe it a Haunted House) had NO faults throughout the entire 3 days. it got reported in coin slot but cant find the cutting anywhere.

Is @Wayne J still having a go at this record this year?

Yes I am.

The date has now changed to October 23rd/24th, still at Walsall Manor Hospital.

It'll be attempted on my WPT, with @DRD offering his WPT as a back up in case of technical malfunction part way through.
I've now been assigned an official Guinness Record 'manager' to answer questions I have.

In the near future I'll set up as dedicated thread with all of the details as to how you can donate and help.

PS. Despite Martin's update - the record still stands at 28hrs. The amount of paperwork required to guarantee authentication is ridiculous. It'll be easier to do the challenge than comply with everything else required.

Hahaha it looks like we are all going for the record I sent of and applied for that with Guinness after a few too many beers and was accepted , still havnt followed it up though.. Better make it a good time Wayne , and good luck ... You will have to do a urine test to make sure no extra help is given , a bit like the Russians ;)

in the Pinball News link it says that Eden Stamm managed 36h under official Guinness ruling conditions on 08 Sept 2015. So how can the official record still be 28h, I don't get it? Did he forget to sign it all off?

Wayne, are you gonna try for 37h, 40h, what? And more importantly what are you gonna do that Eden didn't to make it official?

When GrizZ did his, I was able to type various encouragement and swears and rude pics at him over t'interwebs, and he was able to flip the bird to the camera. Any plans for something similar, and for a timelapse recording (at 1sec every 6 mins its be 300 sec, or 5 mins, for 30 hours)? Mooseman could help with that.

in the Pinball News link it says that Eden Stamm managed 36h under official Guinness ruling conditions on 08 Sept 2015
I don't know what condition Eden didn't follow, but Guinness have confirmed that 28hrs is the record. I've no doubt he did play for 36hrs, but it could have been dismissed for any number of petty indiscretions. The general rules run to over 29 pages. If it was held at a show where an entrance fee was required, that would disqualify the attempt - as it was not in a place accessible to the public at all times!

Wayne, are you gonna try for 37h, 40h, what? And more importantly what are you gonna do that Eden didn't to make it official?
The aim is for 30hrs, the main reasons for me doing this is not to actually set an unbeatable record, but the publicity achieving a GWR will promote the real reasons I'm doing it - to raise awareness, and funds, for Prostate cancer.

I was able to type various encouragement and swears and rude pics at him over t'interwebs
I haven't a clue what's going on with the camera side of it. It needs to be recorded and sent to Guinness in an electronic format. That is the main priority.
It would certainly be nice if it could be live streamed so people can offer encouragement and motivation. I'll happily accept any help and advice from anyone as to how best to make this happen.

Just remember it's being done in a hospital - so nothing too offensive.

Back
Top Bottom