What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World cup soccer setting?

darren_ross

Registered
Just noticed while playing that you actually face 'Great Britain' in the multiball mode! Just like the yanks to do that.
Looked in the manual and found they're down as England?
1474650028469.jpg
Can this be adjusted. It's not in the manual. Is it in the software?

Hi, Darren,

I suspect it will be the text 'Great Britain' rather than 'England' coded into the software. You're right, it is just like the Yankees - the one time using the term England would've been right, and they use Great Britain. Ironic, as banalis morrisette used to say.

To be fair many people don't know the difference between Holland and the Netherlands. Not the same thing. You'd think that making a football world cup game, they would actually do a bit of research and get it right. Great Britain have never competed in a major football competition.
I think it all goes back to the first international match between England and Scotland. Too much rivalry in football to unite as a nation.
Personally I'd rather they didn't put GB in at all seeing as though no nation from GB even qualified for USA94.

Is it possible to write a ROM to fix the coding?

Olympics 2012 not "major" enough for you (admittedly we were crap!)
I wouldn't say it's a major football tournament. I'm not entirely sure how the nations qualify for the Olympic football tournament but don't they just decide if they want to compete? We didn't have a GB football team this year? Any tournament that a team can just pass on if they wish isn't a major tournament in my eyes.
I mean half of the players choose not to play for their countries.

Back
Top Bottom