What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WONKA Opnions

Shoots lovely - more to do in code, but the theme does nothing for me. Not a bad game but didn’t hook me. I know @Tilt_Birmingham loves it and he probably played it more than everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I prefer DI but agree it’s better than WOZ POTC, and TH

So Wonka’s are being shipped soon.Haven’t played one yet - but I’ve got one.
@Neil McRae @replicas @Colywobbles what are your thoughts on the game.
Both myself and @PabloUK had a doz or so games between us and I did a sort of mini review which you will find on here. But in brief the both of us loved it from the off and although not my ideal theme there was really nothing not to like.
I was so tempted to make it my next pin but a BM66 LE came along that will be shortly joining my lineup and leave me pink lint.
I own a JJP Hobbit LE and Paul has my old WOZ so I am a fan of their pins as they always come up with the goods and Wonka is no exception.

Pins are marmite and apart from the golden days when we picked them up for £100’s of pounds not £1000’s I now try to at least get a few games on anything before I commit to spending big money.
Best advice I can give is have a trip to Tilt as it’s a cracking day out and only 5mins from Birmingham Central. Spend a full day there on Wonka and many of their other awesome lineup.

Col

@Neil McRae is right, I've probably played it more then anyone else 😂

JJP is definitely getting better machine on machine...

Dialed In - Because its a tough machine and it draws me back
Pirates - Because its so fun to play... Jam packed with features and multi balls...

Then you have

Wonka which is a perfect mix of both Dialed In and Pirates...
Brilliant theme... One of my favourite childhood movies of all time
Loaded with modes and multi balls...
Wonkavator Multiball... my favourite multi ball in pinball... Just love the combo of Shaker Motor, Light Show and Video... Absolutely amazing
Not overly easy
And most of all your going to get years of gameplay out of it and maybe if your lucky your get to Pure Imagination

Ignoring the theme which rarely influences in me in making a decision about a machine.

The coding and modes seem all over the place, often with more than one thing going on at once, but not clearly conveyed.

However the 2 biggest drawbacks, which is never going to change, is the fact that the spinner obscures the feed to the upper flipper, no mod or code can fix that.
The next is that the shot to the loop, spinner which feeds to the pop bumpers often results in a sdtm from the pops, again, code isn't going to fix that unless a ballsaver is added to the code which is unlikely.

The scoring is heavily weighted towards hitting the left 'dead end lane' then hitting the spinner which adds Wonka bars to the bonus, which gives a disproportionate score to the rest of the game.

Well I love it. Don't listen to Wayne he doesn't know what he is talking about :p
I love the film and theme to, it ticks all the boxes for me. Only played less than half a dozen games on the LE that Phil had before it went to Tilt but all I did was smile and loved every game I played, can't wait to get my own and learn all about the game.
Counting the days till it arrives.

Well I love it. Don't listen to Wayne he doesn't know what he is talking about :p
I love the film and theme to, it ticks all the boxes for me. Only played less than half a dozen games on the LE that Phil had before it went to Tilt but all I did was smile and loved every game I played, can't wait to get my own and learn all about the game.
Counting the days till it arrives.

Well said!

Good thing about the JJP guys is they are always updating code. Dialed in got a big update approx a year ago. Which improved the game greatly.

I would advise anyone interested in purchasing one to take a trip to @Tilt_Birmingham and have a go themselves, plus it has plenty of other games to try......

Every game has its lovers and haters :)

Good thing about the JJP guys is they are always updating code. Dialed in got a big update approx a year ago. Which improved the game greatly.

I would advise anyone interested in purchasing one to take a trip to @Tilt_Birmingham and have a go themselves, plus it has plenty of other games to try......

Every game has its lovers and haters :)
I’ve been very impressed with their long tail support of games.

Felt like more of a rescue job with Hobbit though.

Still can’t afford one.

And Dialed in took a year to deal with all the bugs the last bug update brought in :) but it is great that they sorted them out.

OK guys, JJP promise me the clear coat is sorted and they are shipping my games in about 10 days.

So if anyone is on the fence about this, now is the time...

This is what is spare from this container.

1 x CE - £12500
3 x LE - £9500
2 x Standard - £7500

Phil

No doubt it will be a beautiful machine with all the trimmings but......
I think JJP are getting it wrong with the cab artwork design.
If you look at the 12.5k version.
In my opinion they have overused Gene on the Pin.
He’s on the topper
Main feature on the side of cab
Front
Mirrored back glass
Not to mention the PF......
I know it’s Wonka but some more imagination FFS for 12.k

In fact you can count his top hat 7 times on the pin exterior 😬

Last edited:
Thanks Pick,
I would love to see the CE Playfield up close, does the sparkle really add something.?
I wonder if it’s similar to the Woz YBR - that Sparkle looks outstanding. The playfield in those Wonkas look good enough to eat....
I think if your dropping 9.5 you would be tempted to push the boat for the 12.5 bells and whistles.

Not something i'd ever want to own but I can see the appeal. Now, if they ever decide to splash out on a 'Emu's world' license with Rod Hulls mug all over it, I may have to get one.

Back
Top Bottom