What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wms IJ restore

Alpha1

Site Supporter
Alias
Alpha1
Hi,

I bought a project IJ about 18 months ago off an Operator with the intention to restore her. Well this has taken me down a long road and current progress is pretty good. Thought i'd share some pix!

This is how I found her in the warehouse

IJ-1.jpg

This is what she looked like up close as I was stripping her

WP_000546-1.jpg

WP_000565-1.jpg

Here's some sneak peeks of how the cabinet restoration has turned out so far.

backboxrestore1-1.jpg

newij7-1.jpg

The entire current restore thread is on UKVAC and is currently 5 pages long with loads left still to do.

Check it here:

http://www.ukvac.com/forum/williams-indiana-jones-wpc-pinball-restoration_topic331582_page1.html

I do like to read a good build story and the finding of them is a key part of this. How did you hear about it, what were your thoughts when you saw it?

I will read the other thread as you have obviously done a lot of work. It looks like it is going to be worth it, wow to the cab rebuild work. :cool:

Keep up the good work - it *will* be worth it in the end.
wink-1.png

Calimori' date=' post: 1698897 said:
I do like to read a good build story and the finding of them is a key part of this. How did you hear about it, what were your thoughts when you saw it?

I will read the other thread as you have obviously done a lot of work. It looks like it is going to be worth it, wow to the cab rebuild work. :cool:

Hi,

It was from an Op I knew for years. Just happened to get back in contact and he had about 10 pin projects up for sale so I snagged a few.

I plan on documenting the entire process and hope to be finished by Christmas - hopefully!

I have read the whole thread over at UKVAC. Man you have tackled this head on and with some gusto.

Many would have walked away from a machine with that level of parts missing but I am so glad you stepped up to it and better still, documented it for the rest of us.

I tip my hat to you sir.
smile-1.png

Now PM the op's number. I will have space for a mega project soon.

great to see any pinball machine coming back to life, especially the IJ, one of my favorite pins

Fortunately mine is an original unfaded peach not in need of any expertise, shame the same can't be said for the rest of my toys.

I am so impressed. He actually took the wiring loom out and washed it, then re-spaded where necessary. Even the bottom of the cabinet is sanded to get it 'as new'.

Hopefully I'll have some time tonight to put it up on legs then get it together!

nice post oll, i totally missed it on ukvac :oops: gotts to be worth it in the end though. i haver seen/played 1 so i cant comment on that, but why this particular cab ??? is there a bit of indy in you ???

Looking good.

Starting to take shape now.

I suggest you don't add up how much you have spent on this, I reckon theres a nice cars worth of money gone into it so far.

Looking good.

Starting to take shape now.

I suggest you don't add up how much you have spent on this, I reckon theres a nice cars worth of money gone into it so far.

Hi,

Yeah it is going a bit OTT if I am honest but I got the pinball originally for a *really* good price. So I am hoping I will only be in for a few hundred over what they normally sell on eBay for.

Fingers crossed!

Loved reading the full restore log.
Any chance you can share which plater you have been using please.
Im getting my own ij on sun and would possibly like to add some bling too
cheers

Thanks for that, I recently watched his youtube re decaling an ij, very interesting with some top tips.

Loved reading the full restore log.
Any chance you can share which plater you have been using please.
Im getting my own ij on sun and would possibly like to add some bling too
cheers

Hi as the coin door was with Manny - I used him for it.

For the playfield plating Matt Adams local metal finisher did the work for me.

For the backbox hinges my local is currently doing these and i'll have them next week.

I strongly suggest using yell.com and phoning places local to you.

Great looking table! Can you let me know the name of the company that does the reproduction info/serial number/warning stickers?

I've been trying to find them for ages!

Right, first off can a Mod move this to shop logs :D

Secondly, more progress has been made.

Before pix:

WP_000567-1.jpg

WP_000566-1.jpg

WP_000603-1.jpg

Where it currently is:

WP_002851-1.jpg

Nearlythere-1.jpg

WP_002869-1.jpg

WP_002871-1.jpg

Loads more pix of the restoration here

Time for me to start going through this thread to get ideas for my IJ work. It won't come close to this but there are some lovely touches that I want to replicate. :)

Back
Top Bottom