What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Williams The Getaway. A BARGAIN

AndyB53

Banned
Registered
I have just bought from an Estate sale Auction a Williams The Getaway (High speed 2) for £285! Yup, £285. And it was a HOME USE ONLY!!
The good bits are the case translite and playfield look like new with no wear or fade at all (back of case has taken a battering at some stage

The downside is that it has no CPU board in at at all

If turned on there is no life at all (no GI ) nothing. apart from random dots on the DMD.
I do not yet have a decent schematic Does all GI and signs of life go through the CPU?

The indicators on the Power Board all light up and I have not removed all the boards to check the.
Unbelievably THEY ARE UNTOUCHED AT ALL! I have ordered new Bridge Rectifiers and Capacitors
A questions for all is where can I buy a fully populated CPU BOARD with the ROM in? and how much?

Advice appreciated.

You won’t get anything without a cpu. The power board outputs are all held off by blanking until the cpu boots successfully.

Wouldn’t bother replacing bridges and capacitors unless there is a problem. More likely you’ll create problems that aren’t there.

The cpu populated can be bought from Pinball Heaven for £240 complete.

From what I can gather, that is exactly what happened. The owner apparently sent is somewhere??? because it had had the usual battery damage, and died before it was returned. Saldy the widow did not know where
Thankfully every other board in it is totally untouched. I have now re-soldered all the Molex connectors I have removed the capacitors and bridge rectifiers have ordered replacements.
Is there anything else I need to look at whilst I am waiting on a new board?

I think Phil Palmer does new boards? Anyone know where I can get a brand new fully populated CPU?? (apart from Phil? just in case

If I can get it fully working for under 800. I will put a colour DMD in it .
The playfield and Translite are like new, What is it's likely worth fully working (LED, Colour DMD ETC)?

I just sold a really nice one with no fade, mods, LED’s, original boards and good playfield for £1850.

From what I can gather, that is exactly what happened. The owner apparently sent is somewhere??? because it had had the usual battery damage, and died before it was returned. Saldy the widow did not know where
Thankfully every other board in it is totally untouched. I have now re-soldered all the Molex connectors I have removed the capacitors and bridge rectifiers have ordered replacements.
Is there anything else I need to look at whilst I am waiting on a new board?

I think Phil Palmer does new boards? Anyone know where I can get a brand new fully populated CPU?? (apart from Phil? just in case

If I can get it fully working for under 800. I will put a colour DMD in it .
The playfield and Translite are like new, What is it's likely worth fully working (LED, Colour DMD ETC)?

Sean at pinball palace also does boards

With Chris Bs games coming in there are going to be a lot around. The hard game to source is High Speed

Don't waste your time mate, will send in Martin and give you £500, I'm good like that!

Joking apart nice find, need pictures tho
I will take a load of Pics tomorrow. I am ordering the CPU, LED kit and new legs from Phil P
Apart from the Caps etc on the Power Board, is there anything else I need to look at whilst I wait for the CPU and Power Board bits from Germany?

Back
Top Bottom