What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Williams Terminator 2

strongs

Site Supporter
After buying my first machine a few months ago I'm already after no2 :p

I've decided I'd quite fancy a Terminator 2. I love the movie and with owning an Addams Family it will set a nice 90's movie theme in the games room.

So if anyone is thinking of selling or knows someone that is or might be selling please give me a shout :thumbs:

Thanks
Scott

strongs_uk

You could always go for a Lethal Weapon 3 instead?

It's a fun game with a very similar layout to T2, and while it doesn't have the gun toy it should be a fair bit cheaper.

And it does have a blue flashing light! :)

I appreciate the advice. And I do love Lethal Weapon (the movie) But I like T2 even more and am dead set on getting one.

I appreciate the advice. And I do love Lethal Weapon (the movie) But I like T2 even more and am dead set on getting one.

If you can't get hold of a T2 but you can find a T3 it is a good placeholder, very similar to T2 in terms of modes and how they work with a few key differences.

Just some advice, I always wanted T2 as well as it has a special place for me in terms of machines but it took me 3 years nearly to actually get hold of one. Despite having a very high number manufactured they don't come up for sale here much. You actually more often see them on fleabay but at stupid prices. I passed on 2 or 3 before I managed to get mine. I remember there was one literally down the road on eBay, it was tatty, credit dot, cab was faded and bashed, the works and the guy would not go under 2k which was absurd. I actually gave up looking for a while and in the end I just happened to be looking on the forums and one popped up for sale, and I luckily had the cash and the generosity of the people here which helped me secure it.

Sorry all sounds a bit depressing doesn't it? But in the end I got the game by not looking and not obsessively trying to pursue one, if that makes sense at all. Sometimes games come to you when you least expect it :)

I have just turned down a T3 machine. Can't stand that movie so would taint the table no matter how good the game is (I have to like the theme).

I'm in no rush to get hold of a T2, ideally I would hope to have one within the next year (or two)

I have just turned down a T3 machine. Can't stand that movie so would taint the table no matter how good the game is (I have to like the theme).

I'm in no rush to get hold of a T2, ideally I would hope to have one within the next year (or two)

Yeah I get that, I think you have to look past the theme sometimes though and enjoy the game for what it is. For example Johnny Mnemonic which is an awful, awful film but an absolutely amazing machine if you like fast flowing games. I'm sure you will track down a T2, they made 15,000 of them! Not as if it is rare.

T2 is a great game but sits better in a large collection. I wish I had mine now and not just when I had two machines as I grew bored of it. Still love a few games on it and would probably pick up another if the price was right.

What is the going rate for a nice T2? I'd like to have a rough idea for when one pops up. I was thinking somewhere between £1500-£1800?

Paid 1600 for my one which is very nice. They have gone up in price recently, 5 years ago or so 1200ish was the going rate but now, anywhere between that to 2000 depending on where you're looking and its condition.

You could always go for a Lethal Weapon 3 instead?

It's a fun game with a very similar layout to T2, and while it doesn't have the gun toy it should be a fair bit cheaper.

And it does have a blue flashing light! :)

I am also now considering a Lethal Weapon 3. Thanks for the tip @andy

Paid 1600 for my one which is very nice. They have gone up in price recently, 5 years ago or so 1200ish was the going rate but now, anywhere between that to 2000 depending on where you're looking and its condition.

What is the going rate for a nice T2? I'd like to have a rough idea for when one pops up. I was thinking somewhere between £1500-£1800?

Sold a nice T2 on here about 18 months ago for about 1300.

Having had both games, T2 is cooler theme/looks, but LW3 beats it in gameplay/fun :)

Sold a nice T2 on here about 18 months ago for about 1300.

Having had both games, T2 is cooler theme/looks, but LW3 beats it in gameplay/fun :)

Thanks for the advice. I'd agree with that from what I've seen / read.

Who did you sell your T2 to? Perhaps they are ready to move it on!? :D:rolleyes:

Hi Strongs_uk
I Paid £1800 for mine, i bought it for my Cabin (man cave) but the rest of the family keep delaying giving me a hand to get it down there they like it so much!!
Im sure there are better tables but this was my first choice as it was one i used to play in my youth, it really is a case of just one more game ...just one more
Good luck finding one
Rob

Thanks for the link guys. I spotted this earlier today and messaged the seller. Personally I think it's a bit rich. There looks to be insert wear on the Auto Fire and CPU. Inside the bottom of the machine looks like it may have been damp, The DMD has a little gassing on the bottom right and the Apron is worn...I'd want to get it for about £1300 tbh but he's not willing to budge atm

We love peters t2 at special when lit. Always give it a few games when we visit. The mods are cool on it...very fast game! Do not blame you for wanting one! Good choice.

Be careful what you wish for with T2. Many of them carry a nasty virus known as "Modeitis Maximus". Symptoms start with the thought that a few (most....OK then nearly all) of Andy Dreads mods might look cool, then you like the look of the convolux plastic protectors and some of the chrome parts from pinball center.eu such as lane guide covers pop bumper caps and slingshot covers. Next you develop a hankering for more chrome/stainless parts like shooter lane covers and flipper bats. Then an expensive chromed, lit apron replacement turns up which nicely matches with the chromed side rails, lock down bar and hinges that turned up out of the blue. Having gone this far you feel it only fair to do the job properly and fit mirror blades. You can't help wondering what effect the pinsound board would have (great BTW) then your attention turns to the boring dmd cover which cries out to be replaced with a stainless steel version behind which its only right that you have led speaker lights and blue el foil to bring out the laser cut panel. Finally, you cannot resist the challenge involved in putting together a scale model helicopter with rotor blades spinning and lighting that runs in line with the chopper sound when the ball goes through the gate to the right hand ramp. You also have to find a suitable power source to run all of the additional mods. You know the condition is terminal when you buy a colour dmd even though the code isn't ready yet but is promised at some point in the future.
So the real question is not how much a decent T2 might cost, the real question is have you been vaccinated against the virus?

Mike Kindler
for sure all of the above,its all true I've been looking at them all.................i think i need vaccination

Last edited:
Oh and another health warning, you'll need a sheet of that non reflective glass, unless you know you are epilepsy proof!

where did you find it, out of interest?

I actually found 3 T2 machines! :eek:

The first one I found was advertised on eBay but the play field had some wear that I was not happy with.

The second was a response to a wanted post I put up on a couple of arcade forums which I was very close to buying until I spotted a third machine lurking in the background of a photo on eBay (I emailed the seller and decided to go with that one and did a private deal)

The original one I found on eBay has since been sold and the one I found on the forum that I passed on I have put @darren_ross in touch with the seller as he was also after a T2.

Back
Top Bottom