What's new

Found it! Williams system 3, 4 & 6 Combined MPU/Solenoid Driver Board

MajesticPinball

Site Supporter
Alias
James Reed
Evening peeps, I'm looking for a combined Williams MPU/Driver board (Eg. Rottendog MPU 327-1) Pinball Displays are out of stock and Pinball Life wont ship a Rottendog board outside of the US which is infuriating. If you have one knocking around that you don't need please let me know so we can save a customers Firepower.

Thanks,
James

be warned some of the early versions of the rottendog board had an issue with the middle right mounting hole,which caused a chip to fail on the board in the switch matrix section,there is a workround and details on pinside,but once the chip fails it's a bit like rocking horse poo trying to find another as they used obsolete components for some reason when they made the first run of boards,later versions have a new layout and don't include the obsolete chip,so your better off trying to source one of those if you can

Its also worth noting that the Rottendog board doesnt support System 7 (at least not officially)

I *think* they used to say it did. (My CG certainly has one of these in - and thats System 7) but now they say they dont. Which is odd.

Try lisy, turns out he does a Williams one!
https://lisy.dev/willfa7.html

You can order 2 (or 5) via JLCPCB assembled for cheaper than buying one board. We're getting a lot of the Gottlieb boards from here and Ralf has been really helpful.

Bump: Pinball Displays are messing me around saying they are out of stock even though it's showing available of their website. If anybody has one of these they can part with it would be hugely appreciated

So after messing me around even more turns out Pinball Displays does still have them in stock but I've just ordered from the EU now instead... Case closed, board is on the way to save a firepower 😁

Back
Top Bottom