What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Williams Flash - £800 - near Skegness

Ross Hamilton

Site Supporter
SOLD now. Thanks for all the interest, sorry to those who came too late. It's apparently heading off to the Bristol History of Video Games museum, so you can go see it there :)

------

[Sorry, I posted this to the wrong forum, I've re-posted here and I'll delete the other one if I can]

I bought this from @Steve C just a couple of months ago. I haven't taken any pictures of my own yet, so these are some of the ones that @Steve C took when he sold it to me. I never intended to keep this for long, I was just trying to build up machine numbers in advance of my 50th birthday bash, and I promised him that I'd offer it up again for the same price afterwards. Flash is a great game, with a bit of early speech and a cool lightning flash in the middle every once in a while. This one is in okay condition for its age, I can take more pics if you like. When it came here it was resetting intermittently. @Dave2084 and I spent an afternoon playing around with this and a few other machines and after a bit of connector cleaning and wiggling the problem seemed to go away - it worked perfectly for a couple of weeks. After that it reset again and we can now see that one of the coils has burnt out (for a ball trap ejector hole on the right hand side). If nobody snaps this up straight away I'll get one ordered and replace it, but as it stands the machine has this fault. I'm advertising it faulty right now in the hope that by the time I get home tonight I'll have a buyer and I'll be able to convince Mrs H that it's okay I bought something for £400 on eBay today because I also sold something else for more than that ;-)

I'm happy to take more pics, have a Zoom call with you to show it working, etc. Might not get time tonight, but can do most evenings or lunchtimes.

I'm based in Alford which is about 30 miles to the East of Lincoln and about half way between Skegness and Louth. Martin Palfreyman has been here many times, I'm sure he'd be happy to pick up. If you're en-route from here to Nottingham and wanted it in the next couple of days I could potentially drop it off, I need to make that trip.

Apologies in advance if you have emailed me about this previously and I've said I will give you first refusal - I'm a bugger for saying that to people and then forgetting I've done it. If I've done that again, sorry, tell me and I'll pull this posting!

View attachment 147952View attachment 147953View attachment 147954View attachment 147955View attachment 147956View attachment 147957View attachment 147958View attachment 147959View attachment 147960

Last edited:
Not keeping it for a Xmas cracker round your Ross?

I probably would have done, but I bought it when I couldn't really afford to and since then things have gone from bad to worse...
We now have a second child now unexpectedly ending up in boarding school after discovering that no local schools could let him do the A levels he wanted!
Watch this space, it'll be a sure sign of the state of affairs if you see my AC/DC appear here!

Oh no mate, not good. Sorry to hear that. I hope you pull it around soon. More cider me thinks...

Oh no mate, not good. Sorry to hear that. I hope you pull it around soon. More cider me thinks...

It's okay mate, no need for pity! It's only money, there's always more of it out there sooner or later. Who knows, by the time I'm buying machines regularly again the prices might have come back down! All I have to do is wait for one or two of the really big hoarders to decide to cash in and the market will be flooded (I'm looking at you @Coinop King!) And son number two is very happy to be away from the washing up and free childminding service that had become his number one occupation when his older brother went away to school last year!

Can I bag this for a mate who’s actually on the group but tied up today. Ken

I think you're second or third in line at the moment Ken, I had a flurry of requests all at once. I'm just trying to strike a cash plus deal with someone who has some nice retro stuff that has caught my eye. If that falls through I'll come back to you.

AA203955-210E-4D2E-B781-FB7E0DDB92BA.png

Hope it’s not one and the same. A dealer based in south.

Hope it’s not one and the same. A dealer based in south.

That looks like Brian maybe. I didn't sell it to him, although he did enquire about it! He's a good guy in my books, makes money at it but he tidies up and repairs the machines well, he's not making a killing like some people who just flip things after wiping them with an oily rag!

My Flash is heading off to a museum in Bristol, it got picked up literally half an hour ago.

That looks like Brian maybe. I didn't sell it to him, although he did enquire about it! He's a good guy in my books, makes money at it but he tidies up and repairs the machines well, he's not making a killing like some people who just flip things after wiping them with an oily rag!

My Flash is heading off to a museum in Bristol, it got picked up literally half an hour ago.
Not everyone is a pinhead with the skills to fix machines, or the time space or ability to learn. If someone can fix a machine up and sell it on fairly, it keeps machines in circulation. 👍

More machines = lower demand, although the demand seems insatiable at the moment.

Oooh, do you know which museum?

There's no pins on site in Bristol (that I'm aware of) so a trip to the museum might be in order! :)

Back
Top Bottom