What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Williams drinks coaster!

These will sell, and I will buy some.
Haha...Thank you.. But the woodwork is (yet another) hobby, so I am happy just to mooch around making these as a bit of fun. :) Ive made a few before for video games... if you sell em, they become less fun because of time pressure :)

Last edited:
Dude those are awesome! Would you be able to make a couple of Gottlieb ones? 😬

It will look something like this...I have filled them in with resin in the past, but I notice when it dries it can "pull" the wood a bit and make it warp.. Material science!

Screenshot 2020-01-26 09.11.25.png

We can try though..See how it comes out. Something like this perhaps?

Screenshot 2020-01-26 09.24.34.png

and thinking about it, if we cut right through the wood, and filled it with acrylic, it would create a sort of "insert" lens type feel...maybe...But the little bits of b, o and e would just fly out when it cuts...dunno...needs some more thought...

Screenshot 2020-01-26 09.31.14.png

I'd love a set , say Williams, Bally, Midway, Gottlieb. I'd stick with the classic four.
Let me know how to pay or make a donation to the site.
D.

It will look something like this...I have filled them in with resin in the past, but I notice when it dries it can "pull" the wood a bit and make it warp.. Material science!

View attachment 100649

We can try though..See how it comes out. Something like this perhaps?

View attachment 100650

and thinking about it, if we cut right through the wood, and filled it with acrylic, it would create a sort of "insert" lens type feel...maybe...But the little bits of b, o and e would just fly out when it cuts...dunno...needs some more thought...

View attachment 100651
Dude that's awesome! I'd definately buy a set :D

I have filled them in with resin in the past, but I notice when it dries it can "pull" the wood a bit and make it warp.. Material science!
If you were to coat the inside with a watered down wood glue, using it effectively as a primer/sealant, that should limit the resin getting in the grain and then warping the wood.... more science!!!😀

These do look great, I can see them far outside the pinball context. Personalised coasters for families, place settings for xmas dinner, bedroom door plaque, etc.etc. It all comes down to how much you want to keep it a hobby, without the pressure of selling them

Science is COOL kids! Water down some PVA, it will turn clear anyway...then resin in? Let's give that a go hadnt considered that.

I think there are loads of ppl who make coasters in a much more industrialised way @Wayne J I made a few of these for some friends (Game & Watch, Manic Miner etc) but its a fair amount of work as they are "hand cranked", cant really sell em as I dont own the rights either.

I do it to learn (and teach my kids) how to use the cnc really. The bloody machine drives me up the wall most of the time. I shudder at the thought of deadline pressure on an order and me not having a clue why the machine seems to be cutting the word "F off human, Robots FTW" into the wood!! **Shudder**

I saw someone in the "What I got today post" who had some awesome coasters printed up. 👍 They looked sweet.

Likewise, I'd be in for a couple of Williams, a couple of Bally and a couple of Stern for a site donation.

]

and then embed some leds in the acrylic and hey presto wall hanging signs [emoji106][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and then embed some leds in the acrylic and hey presto wall hanging signs [emoji106][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like this idea! Make em slightly larger with inserts.. maybe even have game specific inserts in them, with the decals.. oohh.. nice..artwork

Give me a bit of time with this if it's ok.. this lot needs to be installed on the CNC first...15800539096153616396065718016433.jpg

Back
Top Bottom