What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Stern can suck my plums

I can't believe that shipping, customs duty and VAT add up to £2K.....just another example of rip off Britain by the looks of it
sad-1.png

When you consider they will ship a container full over it will be relatively cheap I would imagine. I know guys that import arcade cabinets from Japan and its not much at all

The VAT sure is a killer. It will have to be shipped as a new item (being new and all) and that will obviously leave it liable to VAT and 2.5% custom duty as the pin will be over £630 in value. Thats 22.5% on top of the original cost of the machine plus the shipping charge.

So, with the VAT and custom duty charge on a £2999 pin its £3673.77, and thats without shipping. Not sure on how much shipping would be, but even if it was, lets say £600 to ship a new stern to the UK, that means a UK company is seeking to make £800 on the sale of a new pin.

Stern could offer home shipping to the UK if they wanted to. That could damage relationships with vendors in the UK and Europe, so another bout of pinball politics would come into play....

Remember that £2999 price on Amazon.com is retail. Wholesale generally is 50% cheaper.......no idea if this is the case with Stern though or any pinball stuff.

Its sucks that stern dont offer worldwide home delivery. 600 is a bit much to ship a pin...lol. Just shows you how much vendors here in the UK are putting on for the trouble of handling them.

Dreads' date=' post: 1677357 said:
"Why Stern can suck my plums"

Wouldn’t want Gary Stern sucking my plums !!

LOL. Nope, nor me......... Ugh...

Would not hurt Stern and JJ to look into this, and try to come up with a cheaper alternative on the buying and shipping.

Back
Top Bottom