What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which soldering station

Longbow

Registered
Looking for a decent soldering station, always bought cheap ish ones from screwfix that usually last 6 months.
About time I bought a decent set up, think I'll need it.
Let's say a budget up to @ £50-60.
Any recommendations?
Thanks
Tim

Youll need to spend more than £50/60

I jsut bought the Antex

NOWHERE NEAR as good as my 20+ year old weller but that is worn out.

Otherwise its one of these for heavy coil work:

One of these for general board work:

For finer work use a smaller bit - or:

The first item I listed (£130) seems pretty good. It does coils as well as small board work (you have to change tips - these are about £5 each).

It is sometimes best to spend £130+ once - than £50 a couple of times, then spend that £130+.....

Youll need to spend more than £50/60

I jsut bought the Antex
[/URL]

NOWHERE NEAR as good as my 20+ year old weller but that is worn out.

Otherwise its one of these for heavy coil work:
[/URL]

One of these for general board work:
[/URL]

For finer work use a smaller bit - or:
[/URL]

The first item I listed (£130) seems pretty good. It does coils as well as small board work (you have to change tips - these are about £5 each).

It is sometimes best to spend £130+ once - than £50 a couple of times, then spend that £130+.....

Thanks, food for thought

Again a bit more than your budget but I’ve had a Hakko FX-888d for several years which I like : https://www.hakko.co.uk/hakko-fx-888d-digital-soldering-station.html
Looks a bit ‘Fisher Price’ but don’t let that put you off, it’s a well regarded piece of kit and a wide variety of tips are available for heavy duty work right through to small SMD stuff.

I used the bog standard 25w Antex for about 20 years before that, and to be fair it was perfectly adequate for most general purpose stuff and I still keep it in my toolbox for use ‘out and about’.

Again a bit more than your budget but I’ve had a Hakko FX-888d for several years which I like : https://www.hakko.co.uk/hakko-fx-888d-digital-soldering-station.html
Looks a bit ‘Fisher Price’ but don’t let that put you off, it’s a well regarded piece of kit and a wide variety of tips are available for heavy duty work right through to small SMD stuff.

I used the bog standard 25w Antex for about 20 years before that, and to be fair it was perfectly adequate for most general purpose stuff and I still keep it in my toolbox for use ‘out and about’.

Thanks buddy. I think I've come across the Fisher price hakko ;-)
I'll put it on the short list :)

Back
Top Bottom