What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which pin has the best attract light show?

Come on guys actions (footage) speak louder than words😁
And I was so close to pulling the trigger on the Tron LE 😕

Last edited:
I think you will be hard pushed to beat any of the JJP games! RGB lighting, great footage on the screen and (in the case of the Hobbit) great call outs!

I will upload some footage later on.

I am probably biased and don't have much else to go on at the minute, but I have to say that the Wonka light show is hypnotising; the way the RGB clusters work, it's like a wave across the insert, I don't know if that's unique to Wonka or JJPs or even intentional, but it's a really impressive effect on your peripheral vision and draws you into watching. They also momentarily sync up the lights on the playfield with the JJP logo playing on the screen - they use the playfield lights like an RGB display with effective 10 x 20 pixel resolution or something, again very subtle but very clever.

This photo pretty much sums up Wonka (and I imagine other JJPs) attract mode; every colour you can imagine, and more:

wonkaattract.jpg

But nothing prepares you for Wonkatania Mania and the light show that brings. It is a pure thrill ride especially with the shaker and you get a real adrenaline rush when you hear that mode starting.

Another vote for JJP I own both the hobbit and WOZ and they utilise their respective light shows a little differently and I find it hard to choose between them.
stern make some great pins and I have a bunch of them but to me JJP is another gravy.
For what it’s worth the only decent Will/Bally lightshows are the remakes which are improved considerably IMO

WOZ does look pretty good from the clips I’ve seen but not seen any attract mode lighting I don’t think.

AFMr is pretty cool :thumbs: I'd upload a vid but the file size limit on the forum is too low and if I cut it down there won't be much to look at :)

Whats the difference between AFMr and AFM lightshow? Was looking at my AFM with all the extra lights and didn’t think it was that good, will have to look again but I do need to get the ocd boards for it.
Yes being limited to 30secs isn’t enough and the YouTube route isn’t for lazy people like me either sometimes😂

It isn't quite as flashy as some of the more recent games, but I've always loved the attract lightshow on Lebowski. Very hypnotic.

you can see the syncing with the JJP logo at the end

How did I not notice this before?! Just checked and my POTC does the same. Also a great attract lightshow

Edit: TNA is also great, but I have a loose connector under the playfield for the lower right lighting and I can't be ****d to take the glass off right now.

Back
Top Bottom