What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which LED tube replacement for SAM & Spike1

Colywobbles

Banned
Site Supporter
Alias
Billy Big B*llocks
As the thread suggests which tube has anyone tried and on any of their pins.
links appreciated thanks in advance.

oh BTW I’m a fan of Cool White for added brightness or maybe even Daylight at a push.

I put in LED - found one that worked on 100-240v. Took out the starter and ballast.

go on then anyone got an idiot’s guide to taking out the starter and ballast and wiring in for the LED? I looked and it said checking how the connectors are wired?
thanks hopefully not too much of a thread diversion

go on then anyone got an idiot’s guide to taking out the starter and ballast and wiring in for the LED? I looked and it said checking how the connectors are wired?
thanks hopefully not too much of a thread diversion

I removed old starter / ballast assembly.
I then spliced it into the old input wires that went into the ballast.
All whilst with power off, obviously.
And before hand I had double che ked it was the voltage input

Sorry I’m not making myself clear in my stern Rolling Stones the old tube has gone replaced this and still no joy so it’s either starter or ballast or both read about using a led tube as a replacement, by just cutting out both ballast and stater and wiring straight in, but it lost me when it started talking about how the connectors/feet at either end of the tube are wired? And possibly having to cut them? I’ll try and find the article!
Also am I right I’m thinking that this bit is 110v do you have to get a similar led tube? Or will all led tubes work?

Back
Top Bottom