What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to power your mod from?

Dalek

Registered
I am thinking of fitting a lighting mod to my Bally Game Show. The EL wiring looks easy to fit but if I just want it to stay on all the time where is the best place take the power from in the pin?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359226261.734451.jpg

How much juice does it need?
There is a 12v feed on my Addams and Creech in the from the board used to power the coin reader in the door. As I don't use that, I bought the right connectors and pins and made a suitable adapter. This is suitable if the wires do not get snagged when the play field is moved.
5v could come off a playfield GI light socket. Crocodile clips can be used for hassle free connections but soldering on is a little more robust. Again, check the volts and amps are suitable for the area you are connecting to.

If you get one from dreads you get all connectors and instructions.
great guy,great mods. I highly recommend him and will getting the Sam mod for my sttng when I have some spare cash.
:)

You need to say what it needs 12volts dc?240volts ac?5volts dc?
If it is 12v or 5v dc,there are plenty places on the boards to slave the supply from

he is on this forum but unless ya wanna buy a mod from him ya only need to say what power ya need and many on here will gladly help!

Checking on the Internet it looks like it runs through an inverter on 12V DC.
This will power up to 40 feet of EL, so more than enough for my needs!

Back
Top Bottom