What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is your cliff (not Richard)

windoesnot

Site Supporter
Alias
Ian Walmsley
Its a well known scientific fact that having a bit to drink before playing pinball increases your skill at playing. However there seems to be a VERY fine line between playing well and then dropping rapidly off a cliff the more and more you drink. So, where is your cliff(y) point?

Mine is after 6 beers and/or(after tonight's experiment), 10 shots of Jack Daniels. @ronsplooter and @Carl Spiby can attest to the 6 beers after last Saturday's friendly fiver comp at Arcade Club :D:p

if you have not tried this before it is a rather fun thing to do :D

I've come home Litterally smashed before and beaten my top score. Still can't beat that now! Everyone knows you get superpowers after 8 pints

After a few beers my lowly pinball skills drop right off. It's strange though as a few beers don't seem to affect my video game playing skills in the same way

One beer helps me relax and improve things. More than one but less than 5 is a bad combination for me. Think this can pretty much be seen at my meets where I end up playing last after having a few and getting beaten by everyone. Similarly at the Pipeline my scores are guaranteed to go down as the day continues:confused:

Dan's graph pretty much sums it up

Over 5 and we're in wild west territory. Only time I've ever beaten the Witch King fully in LOTR was when I could hardly string two words together

Spot on Dan, it really is correct.
We use to have a rating for ideas. A no pinter was probably not going to be world breaking, a one pinter might have been quite good, discussed with other one pinters and it was probably very good. The ideas got better until after two and it went south.

Back
Top Bottom