What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where does this plug into on a Bally Vector?

SGriggs

Registered
I moved this machine and this jumper came unplugged. My best guess is pin 1 & 2 on J2. But before i try that and blow something up, I would rather know for sure!

I circled the plug in blue.

Everything works on the machine, but no sound.

Thanks for your help.

Vector Wire.jpg

Perfect. Thank You. Now the voice works. Are there any other sounds with this machine like bells and music? It is pretty quiet. I adjusted the volume pots on the squawk & talk board, but nothing more than the vector robot voice.

You have to go in the settings for this , that’s the red button inside the coin door ,by pressing it it will scroll through all the tests like displays lamp and sound , you will need number 18 in the match display then press the start button till you see 03 and that will set all that lovely sound . If you have a manual it will walk you through much easier , if not check the ” internet pinball database “ for it

Pressing the red test switch on the S&T board should produce all of the speech, including I believe some phrases that aren't (or at least seldom) used in play, and a few effects. Vector's too early for music as such, but there'll be a background sound.

When using the test button on the door, the tests which come first aren't as extensive or flexible as with more modern games. The audio test is fixed as one sound*, and only really shows whether there is an audio output, and how loud, using the volume control on the door. As Carl says, after the Bookkeeping stuff, and the clear adjustments for replay scores, current value of Highest score, etc, numbers 16 onwards are what's called 'soft' adjustments, held in Ram. Things like Highest Score award, Replay/Add-a-Ball mode, etc, including audio palette. Generally, 03 is best for No.s 16 through 19. No.s 20 & 21 are for an option to hold/adjust sound and speech volume in Ram, which was rarely if ever used.

* as I recollect anyway, from my contemporary Centaur

Last edited:
and if you only get speech it can be the adjustment pots on the s&t board, you can try winding them up and down and it may spring to life (if you've tried all the above)

Thanks guys. I hopped on this thread and changed the setting and now have S&T on mine.
Just the left saucer to sort out.

Attachments

• 20230119_145814.jpg
    20230119_145814.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 14
Thanks Carl for the instructions. I was able to do wat you said, but after I hit the start button and set 03, how do I save that or exit? I pushed the red button again and thr credit counter went to 19 and then I turned it off and restarted it, but i don't think that worked.

Thanks again.

Thanks Carl for the instructions. I was able to do wat you said, but after I hit the start button and set 03, how do I save that or exit? I pushed the red button again and thr credit counter went to 19 and then I turned it off and restarted it, but i don't think that worked.

Thanks again.
You have to just keep pressing the test button till the end of the test cycle and then the machine will reset and comes out of the test settings on its own , beware if you go to fast though , the settings start from the beginning again , sometimes i like to go very quick though the settings and try and stop on the last one 😉

Back
Top Bottom