What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the Cactus Canyon story

JT.

Site Supporter
So Cactus Canyon is on the ipad app and I quite like it - not sure how long it could hold my interest, but instantly fun and easy to get into. Looking it up on pinball database sites there's loads of comments about half finished code though - anyone know what the story is, was it really only half finished?

CC is the last normal pin Williams ever produced if I remember right and I think they shifted all their resources onto Pin2000 before the code was complete and when they'd only made a limited number....thats why you don't see many about and it's very sought after.

In a nutshell .....

It was rushed into production and then pulled swiftly, hence low numbers, to allow Revenge From Mars and Pin 2K to take centre stage.

Lots of the modes are missing.

There is a copy of more complete (100% ???? not sure) code circulating if you know the right people 🕵️

Fun game, but yes really lacking with a lot of code missing. And for me it feels too much like A.N.Other late 90s 2 flipper fan layout with a bash toy.

I believe the game can be completed, the missing code is in details such as the Match Feature.

I read a fully finished one exists in one of the design teams humble abode. Don't know if its true though.

CC can be played as the complete version, the P.rock guys have had it running, the major thing is the drunk multiball and battling bionic bart as in the bart bros not bart simpson ;)

Cracking game , and that fact that the code is unfinished doesn't spoil the fun, the price tag may though.

We had two running together at the "slam strikes back" 2011.

We had two running together at the "slam strikes back" 2011.
i remember that - and they were BOTH on pay to play for a hiscore competition.
i was skint at the time so i couldn't afford to keep pumping money in it and only played a couple of goes. Grrrrrrrr.....
oh well, i suspect (as the Slam always is) that it was a charity cause.

70s cocaine photo.jpg

:) like the pic Dan and what are you trying to say that we were all of our pickles??? :)
Anyway you only had to ask for the key after close of play

Dont know if its incomplete code but the ipad pinball arcade version starts with a credit dot. Even virtual tables need tlc lol

The actual code in the game is not incomplete, unpolished in places yes. The major gripe of most people is that it is a bit easy - that's because factory default is EASY. They did no playtesting on the game as per every other B/W pin, all you do is make some adjustments in the menus and bingo you have a challenge of a game!

The game is Fun with a capital F people just can't seem to get past the price of it

Back
Top Bottom