What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats a Wms IJ worth

paddythegreek

Site Supporter
Alias
Ken
what would a wms indy jones be worth. Fully working cab has age related marks, playfield ok with i believe no broken plastics.
The guy unfortunately bought it around 5 yrs ago from a well known dealer in blackpool. It went to PH shortly afterwards to be sorted. It probably stands the guy at well over £5K. He knows he's not gonna get that much back. Ken

You really need to post pics of it, could sway the price thousands.

I'm trying to not get too involved in this. I've replaced a new coil assy on this last yr and from what i remember its not mint but a bit more than what you'd call a players machine. The guy (Andy) is not a pinballer. He bought it for fun and now he's downsizing so it has to go. He's considering ebay as he's been told he'll do well with it.
I'm trying to keep it off ebay hence the initial query.

I'd say 3k plus now for an average one. They just don't come up much despite the large production numbers. Think I sold my redecalled one for about 3k 3 years ago and prices haven't fallen since. I still remember them going for £750 when I first started my collection, if only we'd known and started hoarding.

I REALLY wanted to like IJ. Didn't think much of it the first few times I played it. Bought one and liked it a bit more but found it stayed unused for the last year or so I had it. Maybe I had it set up wrong but it just felt slow compared to modern games. Also the artwork is dreadful. All the people who slate Stern for their lazy photoshop somehow seem to overlook the sub GCSE level artwork on the IJ playfield. The bloody Chinese Nazi annoyed me so much. Also Harrison Ford's eyes on the backglass are at totally different levels.:confused:

I'm with John, want to love it but never did. And I'd say that if you can find a half decent one for 3K in this day of £1500 LW3 and £3500 TAF, then don't hesitate, even for a minute, as someone else will grab it

I always felt that the artwork and colour palette used on this game really let it down. I could never understand why such an outstanding theme based on such successful films had such rubbish art. Addams family and TZ managed decent art on themed games, so it was possible

A hard game to lay your hands on, I'm up there with the 3k plus guys

Indy Jones , there are a few about and they seem to all come out of the woodwork at the same time. A bit like buses.
Price a while ago for a working players machine was around the £2500 mark, not been any up for sale for a while so it's got to have gone up with pinflation so a conservative estimate would be either side of £3k. For a nice clean redecaled example more.
As for having crappy artwork, it's never offended me in any way, always thought it was a great looking game.

Despite me tryin to convince him that selling it to someone on this group would be his best option, he appears convinced ebay will get him the most. He ain't a mate, just a guy i met when i went and replaced a flipper coil assy. I'll ring him in a while and try again to get him to sell it privately. Ken

Right guys name is Andy. Phone no is
07594 634937. He wants £3250.
You deal direct with him.
Mention this group when you ring

Back
Top Bottom